Closed Thread
Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone!
    Kate & Tracey, I have everything crossed for you girls, good luck
    Welcome Erin & Jess, good luck to you girls too.

i just had my scan and at 6w4d my baby has a heart beat! Not sure what the rate is cause its still too small to count it, but it looked fast and Dr Ong was happy with it, YAY! Feels much more real now. No problems with me either, no morning sickness, just get a litte tired in the afternoon, so all good!
    Another scan in two weeks then I'm off to the obstetrician. All looking good so far!

Hope everyone else is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Excellent stuff Goldie! A heartbeat is great news. Must make it seem much more real.

Tracey & Kate, fingers crossed you're preggers with twins soon! Sorry to hear the pickup wasn't much fun.

Welcome ErinJess.

Hiya to everyone else as well.

Me -- no chance I can tell work about IVF unfortch. Now I'm just waiting to start...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I have been following behind the scenes and keeping everything crossed that things go well for each of you.

JEN -CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you. You are finally there. I bet DH is thrilled too. And whats more, you and I are only a few weeks apart. I am due on 30 March. Yah! Well its definitely time for a coffee catch up again.

TK - I am so sorry to hear that you only got 5 eggies and of the 5 only 3 fertilised. I am confident that one (or 2) of the 3 will be the 1 for your BFP (and for it to stick this time). Please relax up (although that is not that hard in Byron) and just take care of yourselves. I am sending you sticky vibes xx

Goldie - That is good news about your BFP! And seeing the heartbeat is amazing.

Beck - You are almost there. Sorry to hear about your problems but hopefully all is well. I had a couple of bleeds early on too but all was well with me - they said it was probably an irritated cervix given all the pressaries. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM - All is well and things have been rather uneventful over the last few weeks (thankfully). Today is our 17 week mark. Phew! I cannot believe I am here already. I have been feeling what I think are little movements but not 100% sure yet. But is really exciting. DH is working away at the mines at the moment which is making things a little tougher than normal. But luckily I have a great support network of friends and family (not to mention a busy job) to keep me busy till he gets back.

Thinking of you all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie - that is so amazing! So happy everything is going to plan for you.

Betty - good luck with your first round. How many days are u planning to have off after egg pick up? Do u have a desk job or an active job? My Kate stressed about getting the time off and to the appointments etc but it works out and is ok in the end. You are entitled to sick days so just do what u have to.

Calli - I can't believe you are 17 weeks already!!! Absolutely keen for a coffee date. We can do Sunday arvo next weekend at like 2 or 3 pm. Let us know if that suits. Everyone welcome. Would be great to meet you all.

AFM - we are feeling really positive and I guess as a distraction keep talking about "what if we have twins" and what we would name them etc. Even though it's not likely both will take it is a possibility. In a way by doing the day 2 transfer we skipped over the hard drop in numbers (which always made us cry and feel disheartened) which usually occured this weekend and are straight into having embryos on board which very well could work. This part always makes us hopeful.

Trace & Kate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear how well everyone is doing...so insperational!

All my good vibes to you Tracey and Kate. I really hope this is your turn.

Do you mind if I ask if you know under what circumstances your FS might give you the option to have transfer earlier like Kate did and what the benefits are?

You will be in my thoughts this week.

AFM: I'm enjoying my two months off. I didn't realise how much pressure I had myself under...I thought i was being fairly relaxed. So I'm trying to focus on work, catching up with friends and enjoying life so I'm relaxed for the next round.

Take care everyone and have a great week.

Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read a few more posts I had missed....so much happening!

Welcome to Erin and Jess

How amazing Goldie you must be so thrilled!!!!

Sorry if I have missed anyone...so much is happening!

Nic

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

Goldie- congratulations how amazing

TKwishing- good luck to you girls.

We are going to wait for the BT on wed. I am on night shift the next two days and my partner on day shift so we won't see each other until the night before the BT. We would rather to a HPT together so we decided that with our shifts just to wait until wed.

Afm- only three more sleeps until we find out if we are successful this cycle. We started off feeling very positive and has the days have drawn closer to testing we are trying not to have are hopes raised too high, I think it's some sort of coping mechanism.

Other than a craving for something sweet a few days before AF is due I don't usually have any symptoms before AF. It's been really hard to work out whether I feel like it had worked or not. I had a lot of bloating from 6dpo-11dpo which is very unusual for me, some mild cramping and more frequent urination. I'm glad ill be a work for the next two nights and asleep during the days it will make these last days of the tww go a lot quicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone, yeah we are really excited and so happy. DH can't stop telling everyone! I was upset at first until he said he was just so excited, how can I be mad at him for that?

Erin & Jess - you girls have some serious will power, good luck, can wait to hear the result.

Kate & Trace - does a day 2 transfer mean your tww is essentially 3 days longer? That must be hard?

Nic - good to hear your getting into a positive place again, I can't imagine how hard it must be to get bad news and be optimistic to try again. Believe me I know how lucky I am.

AFM-hardest part is I just wanna tell everyone. So many people at work are pregnant and I just wanna join in the conversation. So many times I've had to bite my tongue, but it's so hard. I am hearing though after a confirmed heart beat your risk drops a lot, is that right???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Tk - I can't make next weekend as we are away at the Sunshine Coast for my Fathers 60th birthday. The following weekend is a busy on too but could do the one after that. Sorry! If everybody else wants to meet up then I will just come along next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic - The reason they often wait until day 5 is so that they can choose the best embryo to put back in as by then it is very clear which ones are more likely to work. Given we only had the 3 embryo's we were not going to have much of a choice even if we did wait, and our FS said that while their incubators are good Kate's uterus is better. So we did a day 2 transfer. We put a 3 cell and a 4 cell back in. The third embryo was still at the 2 cell stage so we are pretty sure we got the best 2 anyway.

We had asked for 2 embryo's to be transferred in previous rounds but our FS said no at that time. Your FS has to make a written justification as to why they transferred more than one embryo and our FS now knows that our embryo's often stop developing come day 3 and 4, so the risk of twins is lower/justifiable. Kate also recently turned 35 which seems to be another justification. If we had gotten 10 eggs like last time he probably would have waited to day 5 to do the transfer. I'd ask your FS about it.

Goldie - yeah I guess the wait is a bit longer but still I'd rather spend a few more days feeling positive with embryo's on board already than go through the anxiety of those daily phone calls and dropping embryo numbers. We find that part really hard because we get lowish numbers and large drop offs so always worry we won't end up having anything to transfer. So happy that you guys were successful on your first round. How many children do you want?

Erin & Jess - not long now for you guys!! hang in there and we have our fingers crossed big time that this is your round. Which one of you had the transfer? Do you have a known donor or a donor from a sperm bank? We started talking with some friends but ended up going down the sperm bank path.

Calli - No worries love. We can do coffee in 3 weeks time - how is Saturday 10th November? Does that work?

AFM - back to work today... Kate still has another week off which is great. I gave her our first pregnol injection today. Another one to go on Friday. Hope that's the magic juice we need.

T&K

T&K