Closed Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!!

Sorry for the HUGE break, however I always had you in my thoughts, but the break did me well to get myself in a healthy headspace – as much as I could !

I wanted to come back and to let you all know that we got our BFP on our seventh cycle and are now 13 weeks pregnant!! To say we were shocked is an understatement, and it still hasn’t sunk in!! We quietly plodded through the weeks, terrified if I’m honest, after our last miscarriage at 12 weeks, but am delighted to say that I really think this is it, this is our baby.

I’ve had a quick read through of the last few pages, and it’s exciting to see that there was a burst of BFP’s, I really hope it continues for you all. Congrats to those with BFP’s – JG, Beck & Goldie!! And of course our first BFP’s Kristen and Calli!!

T&K – I’m so glad that you guys managed to have the relaxing cycle that you wanted, I hope that it is what you need to push you over the line. Have you got more bloods today, good luck!

Betty – Hope your appt with Dr Ong went well and you know where you are going from here. After my hysteroscopy I started pretty much straight away and didn’t have to wait til my next cycle, perhaps it will be the same for you!

FullofHope – Hope your appt goes well today and you get some plans and directions. It’s so exciting to finally get it all started and to be on the path to your future!

Nic – I hope you are doing ok and being kind to yourself, I know there isn’t much I can say, but each day gone (even the bad ones) you are one step closer to your dream. Know we are all here for you.

Goldie – Eeeep hurry up Friday for you – soo exciting! Hope you are starting to feel a bit better, laryngitis doesn’t sound like much fun, poor you.

Beck- Sorry that you had those few scares, but am so happy for you that all is ok. Not long til go til the 12 week mark and your scan, how exciting.

Sorry if I missed anyone, hope you are all doing ok! Lots going on this week with everyone’s appt’s, look forward to hearing all your news!

X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefuljen For This Useful Post:

GCNic  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies -- lots happening here all of a sudden! (Am writing on iPhone so can't check thread while posting -- so excuse the general response to everyone!!)

I hope all relevant appointments went well (TK, full of hope) and that the pregnant ladies get all good news. The scares/ worry sounds horrible -- glad everyone is doing okay. It's so stressful and time seems to slow soooo much! 13 weeks sounds like the safe zone though!!

I'm starting an Antagonist cycle at the beginning of my next cycle (a few weeks I think) and will be on a 375 dose of Gonal F and will be on prednisone/ prednisolone as my NK cells were in the middle of the normal and high ranges. All the needles and info was a bit intimidating but to be honest the thing I'm most stressed about is fitting in appointments and getting time off work for egg pickup.

Glad something is happening though -- and as we've already spent close to $4K on ops and tests I'm keen for action!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey guys, what a mammoth day, I'm sorry for no personals, will come back tomorrow... Our appointment went well, love our FS, got bloods etc done and it's very high risk I have PCOS, so I had to do some extra testing and ultrasounds for that too... Also found out I have a huge kidney stone and need some more tests, another ultrasound... Next appointment isn't for another two weeks, so looks like I'm going to miss yet another month :,(...but thankful at least the ball is rolling...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Wow so much has been happening! To all the girls expecting...you girls keep me going...so nice to hear yr stories.

Trace thank you for your support. You are a true gem. I hope you and Kate are plodding along nicely through your cycle. I'm crossing everything for you.

Thanks to all for the lovely supportive comments. Really means a lot

Sorry for being absent guys... have needed to really think through what I think I should do next. Also I have returned to 10hr days at work!

My review went well I think. Tweaking some things which fit in with my feelings about when I cycle again which is good.

So I am still using DHEA, Melatonin, Acupuncture and CQ10. This time however I'm taking two cycles off to give my body a chance to recover a little and take on the medications. (last cycle I'd only been on DHEA for 2 weeks as i cycled early).

You're right TK that last cycle was harder than the first...for lots of different reasons. I'm hoping this one feels more 'right' if that makes sense.

So I anticipate that I will cycle end of Nov early Dec. That means i can focus on my work atm while we go through a busy period and I'm not trying to juggle everything.

To all the girls starting out...good luck this week. For all the girls cycling...everything is crossed. For all the girls pregnant...hang in there :-)

Have a great week everyone.

Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Hopefuljen that is just the best news ever!!!!! I worried about you and though you had given up and you are 13 weeks pregnant. I am so super happy for you!!!! You must be about the same as Calli. Congratulations love!!

Nic - good to hear from you. I am glad you are happy with your plan. We had a few extra months off after our second round too. It really helps to reenergise you and to refocus.

Betty - thats exciting that you are About to kick things off. Just deal with managing one appointment at a time. Would u ever tell your boss you are doing IVF?

Fullofhope - sorry there may be a bit more of a wait than you had hoped but I guess it's important to sort out those things beforehand. Hoping the next few weeks fly by so u get to start your IUI's.

To all the pregnant ladies - hope you are all going well. Goldie will be thinking of you on Friday.

AFM - our scan yesterday showed 8-10 super large follicles which is the same as the last 2 rounds so expecting about the same amount of eggs. But the estridol levels were half what they usually are at this point - about 5000 instead of almost. 10000. Not sure what difference that will make. I guess we will soon find out. Egg pick up is tomorrow. I love and hate this week. It is exciting being so close to potentially it all working out but it is always so hard watching the numbers drop. It's the week of ups and downs. Hoping we get to join the string if BFPs. Here we go......

T&K

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ** Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI ** #2

Hi everyone,
    I have been following this post for a little while now and thought its time to join in.
    We are former gold coasters (recently moved to jimboomba for a tree change) still working on the GC and seeing a FS there too. We are one week into our 2ww of second cycle of IUI and can't wait for bt on the 24th!

We are feeling much more positive and relaxed about this cycle as its not all new and scary as the first.

Wishing everyone a short ttc journey.
    Erin and Jess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Erinjess- welcome! fingers crossed the 2ww goes quickly!

TK- good luck for tomorrow!

GCnic- hoping your feeling fit and healthy again soon from the break. Xo I too am trying to focus on my work during the waiting periods...

Bettyw- fingers crossed for your upcoming cycle

Hopfuljen- congratulations!!

Well I was kind of drained, emotional and annoyed when I posted last night, but feeling alot more positive today. Will keep myself as busy as possible over the next two weeks and fingers crossed it'll fly by!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fullofhope For This Useful Post:

GCNic  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Erin and Jess!

How's everyone's week going?

TK....How is it all going???

Nic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

This is Kate here, Tracey is having some time with her girlfriends this morning but I will give you a quick update. Sorry for no personals as Im not up to date on everyone as this is more Trace's thing, and I tend to hijack it every now and again.

Egg pickup did not go so well, we only got 5 eggs which made me quite upset when I opened my eyes and seen that number on my hand. I was much more in pain this time than the last. Usually its the day after that I can barely stand up straight but It was egg pick up day that knocked me around. I have been resting in bed and Trace has just been the best wife ever looking after me .

We got a call yesterday to say that out of the 5 eggs only 3 Fertilized, and that they want to do a transfer on Friday (today) instead of Monday.

I haven't heard of a second day transfer before but got a call from the clinic this morning saying that all 3 are doing to right thing and did I want 1 or 2 put in???
    of course I said I want them both put in but I need to speak with FS first.

So today at 1pm we have transfer, I wonder if it will be 1 or 2 .

I am sure Trace will jump on here at some point today and fill you all in with what has happened.

Have a good day and keep your fingers crossed for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Well we had two embryos transferred this afternoon. One 4 cell and one 3 cell. So hoping this is the round for us. We are throwing everything at it. Crinone twice a day plus 400 progesterone pessaries 4 times a day!! Plus 2 shots if pregnyl next week. Kate is in having acupuncture now.

Erin and Jess - welcome to the group. Nice to have another set if girls on here. Hope things are going well for your two week wait. Will you do a HPT? Or just wait for the blood test.

Fullofhope - I am glad you are feeling a bit more positive. All these steps you are taking are still part of the journey to get your baby. That's good you like your FS. We love ours too.

Hope everyone else is going well.

Excitef/ nervous trace & Kate