+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need new pram rear and forward face

I have a mountain buggy swift which i bought thinking it would be so good for walking with and over sand and sticks which it is. Just that its do small inside like narrow which is great sometimes but ds head seems to be squished when i have him propped up.

My ideal would be one that rear and forward faces even if i have to detach the middle to switch it over as i have heard the flip handle ones don't steer well
    Also good wheels for walking on road etc not just a shopping one.
    Nice size basket underneath ..

I saw one in big w that is pretty much that except i could see the wheels would go crappy fast with how i walk

Any recs ? What does your pram do that's a must for u? Im only learning this after actually using a pram for a baby.. Before i purchased i didn't think rear and forward face was a big deal

Thanks
    Reviews

I haven't owned but after test driving I'm pretty much sold on the Baby Jogger City Select. It does rear n forward facing. Has inflatable rubber rear wheels but pneumatic front ones on suspension. Huge underneath basket n takes two seats with both able to see CLEARLY where you are going or they can face each other etc. I will be walking with it but it's also suitable for shopping etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Need new pram rear and forward face

Wow that ones looks amazing! Gonna test drive it too..
    Does anyone actually own one? As good as it looks?

Thanks
    Reviews

I stopped a lady in our local Myers centre today as she's the first I've seen that owns one, she LOVES it. I asked her if she walks, she said yes but not a lot and always on footpaths or roads n it was good. She had a capsule at top facing her and the toddler seat on front facing forwards. Her favorite aspect was the huge basket n how light it is. I asked if she felt it was a pain to take the seat off to fold for car n she said no it took like 10 seconds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I have a strider plus. You can have your baby facing you or outward. Can add a second seat if needed. It has a huge basket (I can fit a box of nappies in it). I do a lot of walking and have never had a problem with it on rougher terrain.

The only downside to it is that it's a little wide, so sometimes fitting around things at the shops is a bit of a pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about ABC Design Zoom? It does rear and front facing and they're not on top of each other. My cousin has twins and had the little in a bassinet and the bigger one in a capsule with no problems and now they're both in seats and can face her, the front or each other. She swears by it. I bought the single one 3Tec and it's great but there's no second child option which is ok for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a BJCS and I love it. My DS went through a stage of wanting to look out but now wants to look at us/put his hands on the handle etc, so I completely understand how handy is. We walk everyday and I often think how happy I am with the pram because it makes walking so enjoyable. I also love the extendable handle as my DH and I are above average height.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HappinessQuest For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I recently bought a strider plus!! I love it to bit! You can have the seat facing you or away and always have room for another child as well and it all folds with out taking each element apart! It's awesome

Thanks
    Reviews

My problem with the strides plus is how bulky it was n as a super shorty it felt like I was pushing a tank. Also I don't like that the second seat is 'under' the main seat. I tried the strider compact today but same issue with the seats. They are super popular though I see them every where just not for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Need new pram rear and forward face

Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    My problem with the BJCS is that when the 2nd seat is on you can't really have both laying...
    This is something I require as my babes are only 12 months apart...
    This. I have the bjcs. I have a 20 months gap and DS has just hit 6 months so can now go in the pram seat. But like widget said, you can't really have both lying down without feeling like you're driving a road train.

But is really is a good pram.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub