+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Am I upset over nothing?

Today was my cousin's (also my goddaughter) first birthday party. My MIL, FIL, SIL and nephew (same agr as as my cousin) were invited as they get along with my family and my aunt who hadn't met them, wanted to meet them.

She sent them an invitation in the mail and they all RSVPd.

This morning, SIL messaged me saying nephew had woken up with a runny nose so they weren't coming. Fair enough, he's sick.

But the party came around and MIL and FIL didn't show either. DP messaged her mum to see if they were coming too- they just phoned to say they thought SIL had said they all weren't coming.

I find this really rude. The invitation wasn't just for nephew but everyone, why couldn't they come even if SIL couldn't? I know it's just a birthday party and they don't know the baby very well but they do know the rest of the family and get along with with them and they had no reason not to come. I don't know why SIL needed everyone home for a runny nose?

DP was pretty angry and told her mum as much, I'm just a bit upset about it, I think that if you RSVP and are able to go, you go. They weren't sick, SIL is capable of looking after her kid, it wouldn't have been too much to drive 10 minutes to a party and stay for an hour and a half?

I think I'm just annoyed as they drop everything for SIL all the time, and DP is always the one who falls by the wayside. She was quite excited for her parents to meet the girls as they absolutely adore each other so it meant a lot to her, too.

Anyway- am I being upset over nothing? I think I might be but I can't help it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd be upset too...if people say they are coming, they should come...unless they have a valid reason.

Their grandchild having the sniffles is not a valid reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd be upset too.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would be upset also , it's just plain rudeness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't stress too much, but yes, it is quite rude. If they didn't want to come, they should have said so when they RSVP'd (and just made up some lame excuse as to why if they needed to).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I wouldn't stress too much, but yes, it is quite rude. If they didn't want to come, they should have said so when they RSVP'd (and just made up some lame excuse as to why if they needed to).
    Not stressed just a little miffed I'll be over it tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If I had RSVP and couldn't go I would drop in with the gift or send it, if they didnt it means they rsvp but had no intention of going if they didn't buy a gift... THAT would upset me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'd be miffed!! The sil and nephew fair enough as he was sick but the mil and fil nah that would annoy me.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I"d be miffed .. I mean you plan catering etc around the numbers that are coming .. and also you chat about who is coming - who should be here by now etc etc ..

if they RSVPed then of course you are expecting them .. and its a bit rude of them not to indicate themselves that they weren't coming.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    If I had RSVP and couldn't go I would drop in with the gift or send it, if they didnt it means they rsvp but had no intention of going if they didn't buy a gift... THAT would upset me!
    They'd bought a gift and all...I guess they'll give it to me to pass on