+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default steelcraft strider bassinet...how long did you use yours?

If you had a steelcraft bassinet for your pram, how long did you use it for? is it something worth getting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used it for about 6-9mths.

I used it as somewhere for her to sleep during the day (as her cot was upstairs in our room for the first 6 months).

Also used it as somewhere for her to sleep when she was at grandparent houses, prior to getting travel cots for them all.

I thought it was pretty handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I used it for about 6-9mths.

I used it as somewhere for her to sleep during the day (as her cot was upstairs in our room for the first 6 months).

Also used it as somewhere for her to sleep when she was at grandparent houses, prior to getting travel cots for them all.

I thought it was pretty handy.
    Good to hear because I've just bought one lol.
    I've also bought the capsule so I'm hoping I get good enough use out of both (in terms of pram use)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ohh I used the capsule heaps! I was devastated when she outgrew it... She stayed in the capsule for up to about 9mths if I remember right - maybe longer.

I used the capsule all the time! It was so handy for taking her in and out of the car without waking her, as well as things like going to a cafe - where you could just carry the capsule in and not have to take the whole pram. Those were the days...

Thanks
    Reviews

For ds1 I used it about 6 months. Ds2 we used it for a bed in the house and as he was so small it lasted 10-11 months easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I didn't bother with the bassinet and just had the capsule. Best thing ever!!! I was so sad when DS out grew it at around 4 months though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: steelcraft strider bassinet...how long did you use yours?

We had both the capsule and bassinet for DD.
    I loved the bassinet and used it all the time. she grew out of the capsule before the bassinet.

If I were buying again, I would still buy the bassinet, but not the capsule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the replies! good to know it's useful! hehe. i had been thinking about getting the capsule too, but it looks kind of small to me.. so i think i'll just stick with just getting a bassinet.. good for when you're out at friend's/rellies and baby needs to nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't get the bassinet but got the capsule which was the best choice!!! Friends of mine's child lasted to about 5 months I'm hoping my dd2 will make 6 months as she is quite dainty lol. I wish I had the capsule for DD. I bought mine new with the intention of putting it away for no 3 so I get more value for money.

Thanks
    Reviews

We had the bassinette and DD decided she didn't like it any more before she outgrew it - we had to change to the seat 2 weeks ago at 12 weeks old as she needs to be able to see around her or she cracks it... If I had my time again I wouldn't bother with it and either go with the capsule or nothing at all.