+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Girls clothing...

Do you have a DD in girls size 7 to 16?

If so where do you buy her clothes from?

DD is almost 12 and in girls size 14 to 16.

I went shopping for some summer things for her today and it was so jar to find what I deem to be appropriate clothing!

The shorts in particular were so so short! And so many of the tops were sleeveless which aren't practical for sun safety!

So share your favourite big girls clothes shops...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DD is in about size 8.

Some places to try might be...

Pumpkin Patch/Urban Angel
    Myer
    Cotton On Kids (not for you, it only goes up to size 8, but for others reading).
    Trade Secret
    Target (has some really cute dresses out at the moment)
    Gymboree (online)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Witchery has just introduced an 8-14 range. I'm not sure what it's like though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just bought my girls shorts from the boys section in Big W. I wanted some for yard/daycare and all the girls stuff was way too short. The boys are longer in the leg which I prefer. My kids are still young, dreading what I will do when they are older.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Goodness what have I missed??!!??

Try http://www.joeetween.com.au/girls/ it's an online store for tweens. Has some pretty things that aren't too little girlish and some nice tops.

Thanks
    Reviews

Gymboree only goes to size 12.

And I find urban angel exxy unless there is a sale!

I've got some cute winter stuff from Old Navy and GAP on eBay. Might have to look there again.

I was in Big W today and did manage to find some nice things.

Interested to see what Witchery's line looks like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ah sorry, I saw age 12, but didn't really take in the size she's wearing. I think I just read it as "size 12."

Anyway, definitely look into Trade Secret if you can. I saw a whole range of cute stuff there recently, and picked up some Two Chillies swimwear. $20 for a tankini set... the brand normally sells them for $65!

Also check out: http://www.nextdirect.com/au/en/shop...01_02_03_01_01

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have a dd that size. I buy mostly adult stuff as you can get better fitting and more appropriate stuff eg longer and cover more.
    a kids 14 is a 6 and 16 is a 8 or xs.
    I buy from target, best n less and smaller speciality shops mostly as Kmart stuff is too see through.

Thanks
    Reviews

Urban angel can be a bit expensive, but if you have a look online or sign up to the pumpkin patch newsletter, they have sales often including free postage (sometimes they are only 24hr sales- but these are the ones you save most $$$) you receive an email in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Ah sorry, I saw age 12, but didn't really take in the size she's wearing. I think I just read it as "size 12."

Anyway, definitely look into Trade Secret if you can. I saw a whole range of cute stuff there recently, and picked up some Two Chillies swimwear. $20 for a tankini set... the brand normally sells them for $65!

Also check out: http://www.nextdirect.com/au/en/shop...01_02_03_01_01
    Ah yes, I do like trade secret! I got some nice winter tips from there! And stocked up on underwear essentials since we were starting from scratch!

I got her a cute skirt and singlet from there for her bday!

I know they get new stock all the time so I'll keep looking there!