+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys or all your posts re MIL issues! It's going to take DH some time to see its not all in my head so I just need to keep letting him know how I feel. As we girls know a lot of stuff that happens we feel it instinctively so sometimes examples aren't very concrete because they come from our gut. I am confident my DH will support me more when he can see it better. I take some comfort in knowing my MIL has struggled with our relationship because it is the first time another woman has actually truly had her son!

Sorry for the selfish post, will go back and do personals to catch up. I had my appt with FS at Genea today. It was over Skype. So good to not have to travel and have the appt at home! FS was thoroughly realistic about my age but also believes MIVF haven't tried enough different options. She wants me on 4 different supplements before we start stim. I can only remember 2 of them which were Melatonin and L'arginine (forgive spelling). My first and only stim I was on 375 gonal f and got 17 eggs. She felt that was way too high and MIVF should have trialled me lower and got less eggs. They had me on that amount because my FS said due to my age there was no chance of me getting a lot of eggs or overstimming. She said obviously I proved them wrong! Discussed the 2 day transfer compared to Blast. She said for every batch of eggs collected, obviously the quality is the same. The difference with blast is at least you know the transferred one is progressing so you're not paying money to transfer one's which have potentially stopped growing after 2 days and you don't know it. This is a much bigger issue with age, the 2 days have good success rates with younger women.

She said we can do everything in Melb just go up for EPU for a day and either stay or fly back up for transfer. Their embryo culture which so much has been written about lately has increased chances by 26% regardless of age. Of course this means if you only had a 1% chance to begin with it only goes up to a 27% chance. Sounds fine to me!

Marttc - any news yet?

Hope everyone is great and will check in on personals tomorrow xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jen - yay go team pink!!! 🌸
    Kheeki - BFN! :-( 😢
    Looking at transferring another & trying perdnisdone & clexane injections - something different! 😊
    Fingers crossed, I have two snow babies...

Thanks
    Reviews

Marttc - I feel for you. You seem ok? Of course I mean as ok as anyone can be going through what we do. Frosties do help with moving on to the next cycle I know. Also frosties have great success rates these days. How long are you thinking before FET?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheeki View Post

Marttc - I feel for you. You seem ok? Of course I mean as ok as anyone can be going through what we do. Frosties do help with moving on to the next cycle I know. Also frosties have great success rates these days. How long are you thinking before FET?
    The day of the BFN I was a mess, thinking that I didn't know if I could continue to go through this & then I moved past it & I believe it's like you say, having those frosties means you can focus on the next step... When you have nothing you can get lost... I actually spoke to my FS tonight & as long as I ovulate (apparently sometimes after a stim cycle you might not) then ill do a transfer at 5 days.... I'm also trying something new perdnisdone & clexane injection... Here's hoping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marttc - I saw your post about being terminated at your job. Not ok. I know the thought of fighting it is daunting and stressful but they've done the wrong thing and compromised your work reputation. If you work in an industry where everyone knows everyone it has big implications. If you'll have no trouble getting another job then I can understand you just wanting to let it go. I work with these issues and it's not up to you to prove it, it's up to them. Probation periods don't hold much weight anymore. Probation or permanent they still need to have raised performance issues with you early to give you a chance to meet their expectations. They obviously didn't do that and quite the contrary told you they were happy with you. That is your proof. Where is their evidence? The only thing that changed is that you told them you were doing IVF. You have a really strong case. But I know this stuff shakes your confidence to the core and you feel very powerless. IVF is already hard enough and this experience will mean you will question whether to be honest about it in the future. I really feel for you about how hard this must be xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been on the main board, but I am shocked you have lost your job Marttc. You should definitely stand up and fight this. I am sorry for you bfn, it's good that you have a plan though.

Kheeki- Genea sound really great, hoping all the supplements are the key for you.

Jen, congratulations on having a little girl! I'm so glad your placenta has moved fingers crossed for a smooth 20 weeks. Which OB are you going through?

Kmvw, congratulations on the arrival of your little girl, beautiful name

Afm, stims are going well. I'm looking forward to my first scan next Friday too see how my body is responding. I'm not feeling anything yet, so I am little worried I am not going to respond again.
    Last edited by Strawberry55; 09-03-2013 at 07:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stawberry 😊
    I'm pretty sure I can't do a thing, I was in my 6 month probation & their word against mine. Currently tracking ovulation on OPK, hoping to jump on it again back to back

How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marttc, sorry to hear about your Job, I haven't seen the full story but it must suck to have that added pressure at this time. Good on you though for going straight into your next cycle! I hope this is your one! Big hugs to you!

Strawberry, my obs is Sam sabaray, he put the embies back so thought it was kind of like continuation of care. He's really nice and quite funny too when you get used to him. How's your cycle going???

Kheeki, same to you, what are your dates for next cycle??

Zackmick, same for you, they always say luck comes in 3's, lets hope it's all lucky for you three!

Afm, doing well apart from the heat! It's has been way too hot so glad of the relief today! I have terrible baby brain, said someone had a black top on yesterday and it was definitely white!!! Luckily it was only to my mum and she just laughed at me!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,
    Sorry AWOL again, just started a full time job plus my other business on the side keeps me very busy.

Marttc: big hugs honey xx

Kmvw: congratulations on the arrival of Ella, glad everything is better now!

Pippi: home stretch now!

Straws: when is epu?

Jen: yay for a little girl!!

Kheeki: Mil issues are the pits too

Go to everyone I've forgotten!

Afm: scan was Friday and we are tracking about 10 follies, a good number to work with compared to past cycles err I get approx 18-30. Long cycle has been ok, tummy definitely bruised but with the lower numbers I'm not I'm as much pain. Had the intrallipid drop on Friday too for the NK cells. Another scan tomorrow for final folly numbers. So I think epu will be Wednesday, as follies were 11-13 on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Zacmick, sounds like your doing awesome this cycle. Hopefully the lower numbers means better quality and less stress on your body! Fx for you!!!