+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Hi Melb Girls,

it has been quiet in here... looking forward to reading everyones updates.

Apt with FS went well, he suggested we do HA-ICSI and that he is going to be gentle with me as my AMH is very high (typical PCO) so last thing he wants to do is over stimulate me. I spoke to our IVF nurse as well and we have decided that we will start late April (first injection around Anzac day) I will be starting with the pill before injections. I am waiting a couple of months as we will be away for 3 weeks then it's easter, my friends wedding, then away for 30th so would rather wait til I am around and "back to normal" so that I am not nipping out for a BT whilst walking down the aisle!!

How are you going strawberry?
    JB we did HA-ICSI, had the same number of embryos make it to the freeze as last time but hoping for much better quality this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zac - Yay so glad it's all going so well & you've got some dates to look forward to! X

JB - Think my post to you was eaten 😔 we just did HA-ICSI & it has given us the same number of embryos as last time but we are hoping for better quality! 😊

AFM: I'm on the countdown to my BT, I'm 4dp5dt.... Extremely anxious & looking for symptoms that something is happening already! BT march 6th 😊 (we had 14 collected, 13 mature, 7 fertilize - 3 blastocyst, 1 transferred & 2 snow babies!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going good thanks ladies, simply wishing my life away as we seem to do on this ivf rollercoaster. Looking forward to taking my last pill on Saturday. Zamick my EPU will most likely be around the 18th as well, we can keep eachother sane during the crazy tww!

JB it sounds like you have a good plan in place, enjoy your holiday and Easter break, make sure you have a drink for all of us in here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great results Marttc, you must be so happy with that result! Fingers crossed for your blood test, will you POAS before your bloods?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oohhh good luck Marttc!! I have everything crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Marttc!!

Don't worry strawberry I definitely intend on having a few Mai Tais & blue Hawaiians (oh and maybe a pina colada!) haha. I'm not a massive drinker but will enjoy one last hoorah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marttc - how you feeling? Not long now to BT. I find the last few days themist difficult so hope you're looking after yourself.

JB - great you've got a plan. And it's very smart if you to be thinking about all your commitments and working around them. It will give you a better chance.

Strawbs - I haven't down the sniffing and admire anyone who can display the patience needed! Any side effects yet?

Jen- hope you're travelling well.

AFM - Thanks for all your support and enquiring how I am. It's lovely to know you're all out there. I've been struggling with mood and being really flat. Part of it I think is I am unhappy at work so it feels like I don't have much going right at the minute. I need to try and find some optimism and hope for this year. My DH has a child from a previous relationship and my DSD's mother and my MIL have recently become good friends, going shopping together, lunch etc. it s#*+s me but I think I mainly get angry about it because I feel like its my role being the wife of DH. I do sometimes feel though as if my MIL flaunts her relationship with DHs ex in front of us for some reason. But, I need to pull myself together because there are always going to be things happening to make me feel inadequate and I need to try and not let them take over.

Got appt with Genea on 7th. I have looked into going to Monash but Genea seem to have higher success rates with older women so that is why I am looking into them.
    Last edited by Kheeki; 01-03-2013 at 13:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki - It can be hard to stay positive but somehow we do find the strength to keep going! Best if luck for the 7th! And yes, I hated the sniffing. It kept dribbling out.... Lol!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pippi01 For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Melb ladies, I finally have my little girl, we named her Ella Grace she is tiny 5.5pounds or 2.6kgs.

After a month in hospital, the C/S went quite well as I had Placenta Previa and was at high risk for bleeding before and during the procedure. In the end I only lost just over half a litre during the C/S and didn't need a transfusion.

Ella went into a little bit of shock and they worked on her for awhile, but they managed to get her started pretty quickly. That was frightening as I could see what was going on.

Breast feeding has been difficult as she is so little it's hard for her to latch and stay awake and feed.

IVF was certainly very hard and very emotionally draining, i felt terrible after it didn't work so many times. It is all very worth the effort, hang in there girls I hope all of you get your wish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations kmvw! Her name is lovely and glad that all is okay! What hospital are you in? I held a 2 week old today and I can't wait for my turn!

I have 9 weeks to go and he is moving so much! Went for a scan at 29 weeks and he is measuring and weighing a week ahead. I can't wait to cuddle him.