+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default **Calling all Melb Girls Chat #7**

Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    Hi All,
    Just thought I would pop my nose in here as well. I am fairly new to posting, but after my last cycle, I have begun to look for some more support from people who understand what I am going through.
    I have endured three full stim cycles and one FET in the past eight months.
    I am 33 and DH is 41. Nothing wrong with me apparently, DH had a vasectomy 13 years ago.
    We managed to get pregnant on our most recent cycle, but miscarried at 6 weeks over Christmas.
    Now am waiting to speak with my FS who is due back tomorrow and I have an appointment next week.
    Is there anything that you think I should be asking? I am planning on demanding lots of tests to try and get some answers.
    So far the only tests they have done is a D&C and Lap just prior to
    my last cycle which showed by pelvis was "pristine" - FS's words.
    I am also contemplating getting a second opinion, but not sure where to go.
    I currently see Dr Gareth Weston at Monash, and have been recommended Dr Mark Lawrence by a friend who said he was fantastic.
    Hopefully next week I will have some sort of idea of the road yet to be travelled.
    Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Good luck to you all
    Hi Appy,
    Sorry to hear of your loss & so sad it was over Christmas. I too became pregnant but miscarried at 6 weeks. I left MIVF & I am seeing Lynn Burmister at Monash she seems great. After 1 m/c it's hard to get many tests but questions can't hurt. I'd ask if you should have more progesterone support? If its a simple test to test for NK cells.
    If you ever need to chat, I'm here!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello ladies, sorry I've been awol, been having a rough time really but it's all still looking good so I shouldn't complain!
    I had my 7 week scan and the next day started bleeding! I was so sure it was over. I spent the day in a&e and got a scan that showed bubs still with healthy heartbeat. Had brown stuff (sorry tmi) for a while them a bit more red! Another anti d jab later and another scan we found out we had a small bleed in the uterus. They said not to worry about it as it was so small and that it may bleed again or be absorbed. Another scan on Christmas Eve showed that it was coming away. I am on pelvic rest. Basically bed rest without having to stay in bed all day. No lifting pushing pulling bending or sex! It's been a long few weeks but touch wood I have been spotting free for a week now. I have my 12 week scan on Wednesday at the private clinic so they can measure the bleed too, I hope they tell me it has gone and I can relax a little more. I have a doppler and find the heartbeat every day, always reading between 155-165bpm so a good reading! Bring on the second tri, the first one has been quite a bumpy ride!

Hope your all well!

Jen x

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi appy, welcome to the board. I miscarried at 5 weeks on my previous cycle after a fet. It's so difficult to deal with but I would be insisting more tests or reasons at least. I got a bit sick of them constantly telling me it's a numbers game!!!! I hope you get some answers, I can't advise re melbourne docs as I went through monash geelong bug know there are a few in the city with amazing reputations!
    Fx for a good result soon for you! X

Thanks
    Reviews

Pippi, did you find out colour yet??????

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello Jen, yep we are team blue. I always knew I was having a boy. Had scan yesterday and got an awesome profile pic of bub. We are so excited!

Did you have a good Xmas?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pippi01 For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Jen - I just read your post. That is horrible to hear! I was in the same boat as you. Heartbeat scan at 7weeks and the next day I had a lot of blood loss. Blood clot which damaged 1/4 of my placenta. So a threatened miscarriage. Loads of progesterone shots and a week of bed rest. Now I am almost 23 weeks along! I wish you the best of luck for your 12 week scan. But if the Doppler is picking up a good h/b, that is a good sign.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks pippi, it's nice to hear positive outcomes although I really feel for you, that must have been so scary! It's just so hard not to be paranoid, I have been clear for 10 days even of brown but I still constantly think something bad is going to happen. I am relaxing a bit more with the doppler and that I am 11weeks and 4 days now so time is passing slowly but surely and I read that chance of miscarraige lowers a lot at this point too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Appy, I hope you get some answers from your FS at the next visit.

Jen- Sounds like you have had a rough month! So glad everything is okay with bub and you are picking up a good HB. Looking forward to your update from your 12week scan.

Pippi- Congrats on having a little boy, how exciting for you all!

How is everyone else going? I hope the festive season has been kind to you all, it can be such a difficult time of year. I am poking along okay, I take my last pill tomorrow, then the real stuff begins

Thanks
    Reviews

Strawberry good luck with the stimms! I found the stimm shots the easier ones and didn't have any side effects really. Hope it goes really well for you and I look forward to hearing how you get on!

Pippi, team blue..... Awesome!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jen80 For This Useful Post:

Strawberry55  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, can I join you? I was about to start FET no. 2 but clinic cancelled it as the lab has closed for a week. So waiting for AF to come should be a little over a week away. Clinic only wants to do pure natural FET no meds at all. But I have asked for Assisted Hatching this time. Anyone used it? After this cycle I am wondering if I should change to Monash as I think I would prefer to see if I can get to blast stage and MIVF so far have only let me go to 3 days at the most.

Jen80 - fantastic to hear things with you are progressing nicely.