+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default **Calling all Melb Girls Chat #7**

Wow Zakmick that is a big couple of weeks, hope it shines a light on the way forward

Good luck Jen on ET
    &
    To all the other jabbers, love hearing the progress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Glad you are recovering well Zak, wow you have had a busy time! I'm sure Dr Nick will be great, my cousin has just swapped to him. Needless to say she was at another Melbourne clinic after 3 or 4 full cycles and no testing I urged her to seek a second opinion.

It turns out she has NK cells and ANA and IVF was never going to work without a treatment plan.

She spent a number of years at this clinic, in the mean time her egg quality has nose dived. They may of cost her a chance at motherhood now, I urge anyone to get testing before IVF starts.

IVF costs too much emotionally, financially and also time wise to keep doing IVF without knowing your health is perfect regardless if your doing ivf due to male infertility.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello ladies,
    Zacmick, you have been busy at all these clinics. I hope you find the right one for you and you are recovering well.

AFM, transfer went well, 2 grade A 8 cell embies put back. They looked great in the pic, so I'm really hoping they stick. Had acupuncture this morning and back again tonight so fingers crossed it does its magic. Our 3rd embie is at 6 cell and looking ready to go to 8 and it will be frozen today so yay for a frostie too!

Take care everyone

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow zacmick, seeing all those FS's was a big undertaking but it sounds like it has been worthwhile. I hope you get your BFP soon. We are also with Dr Nick at Monash but this is our first go so it's all a bit new and I can't make any comparisons. He certainly is direct and we like that about him.

Congrats Jen80...best of luck.

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me to the thread. It's really nice. I just can't quite keep up with all the names and the stages people are at just yet!

I went to see our IVF nurse on Tuesday and I've got my meds, plus I did my first ever acupuncture too. So, I'm good to go...just need AF to show (or a last minute natural BFP but not too hopeful of that)

My boss bought me an IVF meditation cd. I'm going to throw that into the mix too, as relaxing is not something I'm good at. Very nice to have a supportive boss who does these nice things though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Done Jen and good luck

MrsErin must be great to have such a supportive boss.. good luck Im sure you will do great

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Kmvw: what clinic was your cousin at?

mrserin: nick is an interesting character lol

Vivre and Jen: everything crossed for you girls.

Afm: have had to start antibiotics as my cut near my belly button is infected.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

It's been a while since I last wrote, so not sure what is happening with everyone....and who has come and gone since I was last on...
    But hoping that everyone is keeping positive and well....

AFM - Well, we have had our baby! and it's a GIRL .. we have named her Vittoria.
    She's our 14 years in the making little angel....(and a gift from my mum who passed last year, I believe anyway)

She came 6 weeks early, at 34 weeks.. on 18/10
    I had a good pregnancy up until the 33rd week or so...
    I became very sick with high blood pressure and about 25 litres of excess fluid in my body, so they had to deliver our baby.. Ended up in ICU and she was in the special care nursery...
    But I am pleased to say that we are now both home from hospital and both are doing very well. Vittoria is thriving, putting on weight and has been a great baby...

For those still on the IVF journey, if there is anything I could say from my experience is to keep positive, smile, deep breaths and never give up EVER!!!!

Trace
    xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations Trace! It is great to hear that your girl is a strong and that you are both doing well. Enjoy every moment of motherhood!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Trace and agree thanks for the inspiration. Its nice to hear some positive thoughts as we try and keep our positively hats on

Thanks
    Reviews
    A question for those with more experience (and that's all of you at this stage!)...

If you were due to have a BT/ultrasound on CD9 and that fell on a Sunday....would they be more likely to get you in on the Friday or the Monday?

I'm with Monash IVF (Hawthorn). I'm not sure if they do BT's and ultrasounds on Saturdays??

First ever jab tonight for me...eeekk!!