+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some people are more particular about it that others.

I am with you - it was easier for you to sit in the back than your mother, so you sit in the back and let her have the front.

Others would be with your husband - it is your car and she is the guest so you get your normal seat and she takes a spare.

Then others would offer the front seat to your mother for another reason - respect for your elders. She is your mother and as her daughter it is a given that you will show her respect and step aside for her.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Is this weird?

I love any excuse to sit in the back with DS so I always offer the passenger seat if there's someone else with us.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Is this weird?

A person who's not physically able would automatically get the passenger seat. We picked up DPs grandmother who has emphysema and therefore finds moving really difficult and I didn't even think, I just automatically helped her into the passenger seat and sat in the back.

I also consider height and the length of the trip. I'm short... So I'm always fine in the back seat cos I always have enough leg room. Some others don't so I'll give up the front for them on a longer trip.

I also figure I'm probably better sitting next to DD who is likely to annoy whoever sits in the back with constant chatter.

I'd tell my DP he was nuts if he tried to pick a fight over where I sat in the car!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    depends on the size of the person. if i can see they will have trouble getting in/fitting between the back two seats, then i jump into the back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I always offer the passenger seat if we have a guest with us, i insist on it, no matter who it as. Just seems like the right thing to do.
    Also with 2 child restraints and a small car the space in the back is very limited - i only just fit and i'm pretty tiny so i would hate anyone being squashed back there or facing an awkward moment where they couldn't even sit down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Is this weird?

Oh and if it was squeezing between two car seats, skinniest person if they're also agile. Obviously not a scrawny 98 year old... Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In case of fat and thin, the thinnest sits in the back. But normally the guest sits in the front out of politeness in my car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ok... to throw a spanner in the works... -

what about: if it were a girlfriend of yours..? if she wasn't large, quite thin - could fit in the back etc, would anyone still offer the front seat next to hubby? hehe. just curious!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post

what about: if it were a girlfriend of yours..? if she wasn't large, quite thin - could fit in the back etc, would anyone still offer the front seat next to hubby? hehe. just curious!!
    Yes, i would still offer the front seat (and have done).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post

Usually not, but if it were a couple then I'd normally offer for the guy to sit up front and chat to DH, so that me and my girlfriend can talk in the back.

If it was just a girlfriend (no partner) then I probably wouldn't, as I tend to reserve that offer for "seniors", people I defer to, or people who may be more comfortable there. Or guys that want to chat to DH.