+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Trying naturally for a couple of years went to ivf with icsi, took but failed at 7 weeks, switched doctors and he suggested a laporoscopy, book stage 3 endo plus a fibroid tumour, best to to describe from was it was like cutting through rocks to get it out. Tried naturally for a few more months then a frozen cycle which failed on day 10. Then boom pregnant naturally straight off that, now 29+5wks along. The endo and Tumour where on scans our old doctor didn't tell us ($$$ talks in ivf) new doctor awesome he is delivering this Bub by c-Sec in July cos of grade 4 placenta previa. If it where me again I'd do a laporoscopy before Ivf

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unexplained Infertility & IVF

My story was fairly straightforward. 2 years ttc, unexplained infertility, 5 cycles clomid, first round ivf got 12 eggs, all fertilised and 9 made it to 5 day blasts. Had fresh transfer and he's now my 2.5 year old.
    Then when we decided to try for number 2 I got pregnant 2'nd month naturally with my now 11 month old.
    As someone else said, I found the ivf cycle exciting as there was actually a very real prospect of getting pregnant rather than just expecting your period each month knowing but still hoping that month was not your month. I also didn't find the side effects from the drugs anything major (no obvious crazy emotions etc) however I hated clomid and the hot flushes. So for me my IVF journey was pretty simple and relatively stress free so not all IVF has to be emotionally draining even though I know some poor people do experience this. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another really old thread. Did you have any success op?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks for the replies

Sorry, I'm hardly on here any more.

I did end up going the IVF route, unfortunately it wasn't successful.
    We ended up falling pregnant on our own & now have 2 beautiful kids.
    Each child took 2yrs to conceive.

While we had all the tests, tubes were clear etc.
    I have an unrelated immune system condition. & though it was never investigated, my belief, is that each time we conceived, my usually overactive immune system was down.

We are very lucky.
    I wish you ladies all the same luck. Xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to collz For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (22-05-2016),nh2489  (20-05-2016)