+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unexplained Infertility & IVF

Hi everyone,

DH & I have been TTC for 14mths, hard out frequent & perfectly timed BD every single mth without fail.

My cycles are reg with good quality O.
    I have had 3 cycles of Clomid. 1 chemical pregnancy. Every test under the sun has come back great.
    FS has recommended IVF. This is our last natural cycle.

Pls someone tell me that you have had success with IVF & unexplained infertility.
    I am so frustrated, & scared that for the same reason I can't get pregnant, IVF won't work.
    Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

TIA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to collz For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi collz, we are in the unexplained group. We were advised to do ICSI straight away but I insisted on natural IVF. Our first round resulted in zero fertilisation from a great haul of 20 mature eggs. Next round we did ICSI with HA and got 19 of 24 mature eggs fertilised. 4 dropped off the next day. 15 made it to 5 day blasts, one transferred and 7 frozen. I am now 6w4d pregnant with that blast.

I'm sure you will find many others also in the same situation with success. Most will say that first cycle is a bit of an experiment until your FS understands your reaction to the drugs which I would think they would have an idea of because you've done clomid and iui.

Good luck nd I hope your journey is short and successful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Sorry to hear your TTC journey has been so long.

We fell into the unexplained infertility basket also and did IVF. Our 8 month old DS is the result.

Best of luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you able to do more cycles on Clomid? we were trying to concieve for 2.5 years and same as you, all tests came back perfect. on my 5th cycle i concieved. and now this year i happened to fall pregnant naturally - wasn't even planning it at all, so it was quite a suprise.

all the best with your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for your responses, it's great to hear of your successes.
    Gives me alot of hope

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Are you able to do more cycles on Clomid? we were trying to concieve for 2.5 years and same as you, all tests came back perfect. on my 5th cycle i concieved. and now this year i happened to fall pregnant naturally - wasn't even planning it at all, so it was quite a suprise.

all the best with your journey!
    Thanks Minchi. I am doing this cycle with Clomid, IVF next if unsuccessful. I am just concerned about side effects of Clomid, eg thinning uterine lining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by collz View Post
    Hi everyone,

DH & I have been TTC for 14mths, hard out frequent & perfectly timed BD every single mth without fail.

My cycles are reg with good quality O.
    I have had 3 cycles of Clomid. 1 chemical pregnancy. Every test under the sun has come back great.
    FS has recommended IVF. This is our last natural cycle.

Pls someone tell me that you have had success with IVF & unexplained infertility.
    I am so frustrated, & scared that for the same reason I can't get pregnant, IVF won't work.
    Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

TIA
    Hi Collz

I also had unexplained fertility. Tried for 2 years with my first husband and 12 months with my new one. I must be the common denominator but my cycles were regular like clock work I ovulated each month and no diagnosed fertility issues. We did ivf with Icsi and it worked first go for us. I'm now 23 weeks pregnant. I think for me I just needed that extra intervention.

Good luck with your cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had endometriosis and when the Dr went in to check he found a massive growth (size of my thumb) on my left ovary. This growth did not show on any scan. They removed my left ovary and I did an IVF which produced only 1 1/2 embryos. A failure. I walked away and 3 months later I had a spontaneous pregnancy.

Moral of story: anything is possible and after a few cycles take a break.

My second spontaneous pregnancy (again after a failed cycle) is called my lite 'n easy baby. I just went on a diet.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samken For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (18-05-2016),lisahoward468  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry just want to say my 20c... We have secondary infertility. Smacked us in the face after going off the pill when our son was 18mths old. I had just turned 31 at that time. I am now 39 and IVF has even been a disaster for us. Considering our son was conceived with help of wine and amazing dance moves 😜 on a simple night out.. Very hard to comprehend. Even harder to explain to our son..xx
    @collz my tip, coming from someone ttc since Jan 2009, you make your own story. Your eggs, his swimmers, are different every single cycle. You are not working with the same cake mix each month. Never give up. IVF is not daunting. First cycle is actually really exciting, even a little empowering after suffering so many sh*t natural cycles. Go for it.
    Last edited by Billie2; 18-05-2016 at 23:29.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (19-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have they checked inside (aka laparoscopy / hysto)? That is how we found our issue. I have damaged tubes with no history of STI or pelvic inflammatory disease. We jumped straight to IVF once we found out, although surgery was an option.

Also, contrary to some others, we didn't do well with ICSI. Our FS recommend 50/50 natural/ICSI since it was our first cycle (tho no MFI). We ended up with 1 5d blast from ICSI and 4 blasts from the natural fertilisation; including DS. It annoys me to think how many more blasts we could have it have had we not done ICSI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @collz my husband and I also have unexplained infertility, though there could be a chance my tubes are blocked. The doctor gave us the option of surgery to investigate but we decided to go straight to IVF. The first cycle was cancelled after 8 days as I didn't respond to the drugs in terms of making multiple eggs. We tried again the next cycle with double the meds and I managed to make 5 eggs. 4 fertilised and 3 made it to day 3. They transferred the best embryo on day 3 and froze one. That one little embryo managed to bury in and after 18 months of trying I was finally pregnant. I'm now 25 weeks pregnant so it just takes that one little good one. It's very frustrating when you don't know what's wrong but a part of me also felt that if we could just get that one embryo into my uterus then my body would know what to do. Good luck xx