+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    skiping meals and eating less will loose you some weight in the short run and yes it will show up as a dramatic weight loss on the scales......however, you cant physically keep that lifestyle up so you're gonna put it all back on when you start eating "normal/healthy" again and wonder what you're doing wrong.
    AND.....
    Your body actually goes into starvation mode overnight, also when you are skipping meals. So when you do finally eat a meal, even if it's healthy, your body will store every mouthfull instead of using it productivly for energy. I thought this was common sense, some people just dont get it at all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunkamunka For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Greenhorn, in indooroopilly, near shopping centre.
    I didn't think that roundabout was dangerous, just confusing - I have ended up heading the wrong way after going through it at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

Also, if there is a little triangle/arrow next to your fuel gauge, it is actually a little arrow pointing to which side of the car your tank is on.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

mousky  (09-09-2012),MrJones&Me  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    That when you're going straight ahead on a roundabout, you do NOT indicate "Right"! It is in the road rules... But one trip down the road quickly shows me that lots of people don't know their rules!
    I didn't in my ps test and they never cared lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by backgroundnoise View Post
    I didn't in my ps test and they never cared lol
    I didn't stop at a stop sign and they didn't care

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    This one kills me! I know it's pronounced Moette, but I know that most people DON'T know that. So if I say 'Moette' then I think that other people will think I'm stupid, and if I say "Moay" then I die a little as I know I'm saying it wrong. So now I try not to say it at all.

"Yes, I'd love another glass!"
    "What are you drinking?"
    "Erm... Oh, I'll get it!"

Luckily I prefer other champagnes...
    Omg I am exactly the same. I know it's mo-ette but I cringe and say mo-ee as I know people will think I'm the one who doesn't know. Or like you, try not to say it at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChocMilk For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I didn't think that roundabout was dangerous, just confusing - I have ended up heading the wrong way after going through it at times.
    I always it found super scary/dangerous (unless it was 6am and completely empty) mainly because people never indicated properly on it, and it was quite stop/start and some lanes would get backed up quickly on the roundabout depending on the traffic on Moggil Road.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    When going straight I always indicated left whilst exiting. It was actually on a news program not that long ago, I thought it was common knowledge.
    Is it a state by state thing? I'm in NSW.
    It is a common knowledge thing but officials don't actually care and on some of our roundabouts it can make it more confusing lol. I'm in nsw too

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayPrincess View Post
    I didn't stop at a stop sign and they didn't care
    Really? My brother got failed for stopping a tiny bit behind a stop sign (less than a metre behind it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by backgroundnoise View Post
    Really? My brother got failed for stopping a tiny bit behind a stop sign (less than a metre behind it)
    Yep, I think the guy felt bad that I'd travelled so far to take the test (about 2 hours). It's meant to be an automatic fail but he told me he will pretend he didn't see that. I did stop, but more to check for oncoming traffic, so I didn't stop for long enough.