+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    That Moët is pronounced "mo-ette", not "mo-ay" or "mo-ee". It's dutch.
    Now that i did know but i prefer to just call it Sh!t

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

I just checked WA where I live and NO you don't indicate onto the roundabout when going straight. Very confusing news story I watched then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

When going straight I always indicated left whilst exiting. It was actually on a news program not that long ago, I thought it was common knowledge.
    Is it a state by state thing? I'm in NSW.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    I just checked WA where I live and NO you don't indicate onto the roundabout when going straight. Very confusing news story I watched then.
    I am a courier for a living but in qld and I know the road rules here are to NOT indicate if going straight but a lot of people do it. Round a bouts are the most stupid things to ever be invented because hardly anyone uses them correctly and with certain roundabouts the rules change. If everyone just follows the arrows on the ground there would be far less accidents.

Eta- you have to indicate left when exiting the roundabout. And you can't turn right from the damn left lane so don't do it! Argh!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylaH For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Very surprised by this as I was definitely taught by my instructor in WA that you always indicate on and off a roundabout. I get cranky at DH for not doing it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I remember hearing awhile back that if a product lasted at least two years, then it didn't need a use-by date.

The above may not necessarily be true, or even if it was when I heard it the rules might have changed between then and now.
    ^^^ this

I can't remember if it's 2 or more years, but I remember googling it a while back as I had a can with no date but the contents looked AWFUL. And yes, if it has a safe shelf life of more than ?2? years it does not require a use by date. So, tuna will go off.

Also, most supermarket honey is processed so that it has had most of its 'living' elements killed (to help prevent botulism). You need to buy specific honey if you want its antibacterial properties etc.

I also never say "Moet" because I know the T is pronounced but just can't be bothered with an argument (especially if I'm drinking!).

This is from a thread a while back, I'm surpised how many people don't know butter can be stored at room temperature.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah my honey wasn't store bought lol it was from the markets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaH View Post
    I am a courier for a living but in qld and I know the road rules here are to NOT indicate if going straight but a lot of people do it. Round a bouts are the most stupid things to ever be invented because hardly anyone uses them correctly and with certain roundabouts the rules change. If everyone just follows the arrows on the ground there would be far less accidents.

Eta- you have to indicate left when exiting the roundabout. And you can't turn right from the damn left lane so don't do it! Argh!
    My personal favourite is the roundabout of death in Brisbane which is so big it has a freaking car yard on the actual roundabout. Arghh!!!
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 09-09-2012 at 10:18.

Thanks
    Reviews

The gelatin thing Is so disgusting there are some brands of flavored jellies that I swear I can taste the ground toenail flavor in lol. My friend who also eats that jelly like crazy thinks I'm mad because she can't taste it lmao

11. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Gelatin (the stuff in lollies and jelly) is made of animal by products like horses hooves and bone marrow
    And the alternative is from seaweed.