+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    Heading towards fyshwick on Wentworth ave and turning onto jerrabomberra ave..
    Ahh! Yes, I'd definitely indicate right there. And according to the rules I posted before you should, because it's more than halfway around the roundabout

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

That in Australia you should stand to the left on escalators to allow people to pass on the right if they wish.

I do accept that in certain other countries you are meant to stand to the right instead, but when in Rome...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kochanski For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-09-2012),Shoopuf  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kochanski View Post
    That in Australia you should stand to the left on escalators to allow people to pass on the right if they wish.

I do accept that in certain other countries you are meant to stand to the right instead, but when in Rome...
    Same for when walking up/down staircases, on footpaths and just in general life!!

I was that annoying person when visiting USA/Canada who always went to the left not the right....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought everyone knew that merging when joining the highway is a right, not a privelidge. I'm astounded by how many drivers speed up to stop people from merging! I just pick an expensive looking car and start indicating to pop in front of them. They ALWAYS slow down, lest their shiny vehicle be damaged

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Widget  (11-09-2012),~BEXTER~  (11-09-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I thought everyone knew that merging when joining the highway is a right, not a privelidge. I'm astounded by how many drivers speed up to stop people from merging! I just pick an expensive looking car and start indicating to pop in front of them. They ALWAYS slow down, lest their shiny vehicle be damaged
    Yes but you should also be at Speed too.

In fact DH had a few police tell him that L & P platers can away with getting up to the posted speed limit to merge. It's not so much that it is allowed so much as police see it as safer to speed for 1 minute or so then to have an accident cause the person couldn't see you were a P/L plater.

Oh Also.. I thought everyone had a general Idea of what Veal is.. I have heard anything from Any unborn Live stock to it being another name for tripe.

Now I know what Veal actually is I have been able to convince DH to eat it.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted&Pregnant View Post
    Yes but you should also be at Speed too.

In fact DH had a few police tell him that L & P platers can away with getting up to the posted speed limit to merge. It's not so much that it is allowed so much as police see it as safer to speed for 1 minute or so then to have an accident cause the person couldn't see you were a P/L plater.

Oh Also.. I thought everyone had a general Idea of what Veal is.. I have heard anything from Any unborn Live stock to it being another name for tripe.

Now I know what Veal actually is I have been able to convince DH to eat it.
    I 'think' veal is just beef from a calf rather than a cow... Is that true? If it's something gross please don't tell me because I have it out for tea tonight

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

I didn't know prunes were dried plums - I thought they were their own seperate fruit.
    I bought some one day and kept the packet to show dh cos on the back of it it said 'contains dried plums'
    I thought it was so funny they could make such a mistake with the printing on the bag. Dh was shocked at my lack of knowledge lol.

Me + DH
    DS 2
    DD
    :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cookiedough For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzlestick View Post
    I 'think' veal is just beef from a calf rather than a cow... Is that true? If it's something gross please don't tell me because I have it out for tea tonight
    I don't eat veal, poor little moo moos stuck in crates so they stay nice and tender

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    yep, calf.

Oh and if the two lanes side by side just disappear- no merge lines, it's the person on the LEFT that has right of way.
    Merge lines mean person on the right, but just sudden end of lines means person on the left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    I don't eat veal, poor little moo moos stuck in crates so they stay nice and tender
    I grew up in cattle country, and I didn't know ANY beef farmers that contained their veal. In fact STRESS makes the meat tough, not activity.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-09-2012)