+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Yeeaahhhh

Fork and knife together. Fork and knife apart. Fork and knife crossed. Fork and knife in hands stabbed into food... I have no idea what signals what but I think a good waiter/waitress says "hi how was your meals? Can I take your plate?"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    I always ask..... People still yell at me for even asking....

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    That champagne and sparkling wine are not the same thing! Every time someone says they're having champagne and then say it's <insert some yellow glen version> I want to scream...
    YES.

Same with Port/fortified wine. Most people aren't drinking "Port" when they say they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It doesn't really matter if demerit points go up or down for being naughty, if you get too many too soon you're walking!

And I say "Mow It" because that's what I'm like after I drink it, noisy and all over the ground!
    Last edited by AllYouNeedIsLove; 09-09-2012 at 22:39. Reason: poor eye sight.... oh you mean I fixed the spelling...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

Cubs  (10-09-2012),Happy2be3  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    I always it found super scary/dangerous (unless it was 6am and completely empty) mainly because people never indicated properly on it, and it was quite stop/start and some lanes would get backed up quickly on the roundabout depending on the traffic on Moggil Road.
    Yeah I have to go against grain and say I never had a problem with that roundabout... Worked at indro for 2 years, but that was in 03 04 so I assume it's alot busier now!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    I learnt to drive back on 1987 (Qld) and it was definitely law then that you had to indicate left to leave the RAB even when going straight ahead. So, when you're turning left you indicate left, when going right you indicate right until just before you exit then indicate left to show you are leaving and for straight ahead you don't indicate until you're about the leave the RAB when you indicate left.

I wonder if it's like the inside lane, outside lane thing where there are conflicting beliefs? Inside lane to me is the left lane, outside lane is the right lane but I know not everyone will agree.

Ha! I lived in the UK for 8 years and that RAB is nothing compared to some over there. Some of the big RABs had traffic lights on all entrances, some had 3 lanes entering and only 2 to exit and then there was my favourite with 2 RABs next to each other. I used to leave work either early or late to miss traffic. I left on time one day and at through 12 changes of traffic lights before I got out of the car park - and that was just another day, nothing special. There was a couple of times I got caught in football (soccer) match times and sat in my car for 2 hours without moving.
    Yes, that's right... My complaint was people who indicate RIGHT when they are going STRAIGHT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Yes, that's right... My complaint was people who indicate RIGHT when they are going STRAIGHT.
    Come to think of it I dont think I do do this- but I definitely do indicate left when my exit off the roundabout is next. DH does not and I get so cranky with him!

Edit- I have a great roundabout here in Canberra which causes many an argument- id love to know if you would indicate right when youre going 'straight' on it- the second exit is to the right, but technically it is straight- if that makes sense?? Confuses many many people and has caused many a debate over a beer

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Oh ok
    DF and I disagree about a particular RAB near us. The RAB is on a bend in the road so to go straight ahead the exit isn't straight ahead, it's more to the right. I indicate as if I'm going straight ahead but DF indicates as if he's turning right.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    Edit- I have a great roundabout here in Canberra which causes many an argument- id love to know if you would indicate right when youre going 'straight' on it- the second exit is to the right, but technically it is straight- if that makes sense?? Confuses many many people and has caused many a debate over a beer
    I am racking my brain over this one and just can't think which one you mean... help?!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Oh ok
    DF and I disagree about a particular RAB near us. The RAB is on a bend in the road so to go straight ahead the exit isn't straight ahead, it's more to the right. I indicate as if I'm going straight ahead but DF indicates as if he's turning right.
    When being taught how to drive I was told the "second exit" means "straight" so legally you do not need to indicate- however on confusing *** roundabouts like that some people think indicating may be safer but it depends on where the third exit is and if someone may get confused that you are going right and will enter the roundabout and almost cause an accident. This is why I hate roundabouts!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    I always ask..... People still yell at me for even asking....
    Then those people are rude.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub