+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Canned goods etc. don't have to have a date on them if they have a shelf life of more than 2 years. They SHOULD have a code somewhere on them, and if you want to know what they "best before" date is, you can ring the company and tell them the code. That said, I imagine most canned foods would last a hell of a lot longer than any best before date they set for them anyway.
    We've had a can of red salmon since around 2004. It has survived five moves, and is about to have its sixth. It's become a bit of a lucky charm and we can't bring ourselves to throw it out.

Maybe we should eat it...

And I'm another one who just can't bring myself to say "Moet" anymore. If I say it correctly everyone will think I'm an idiot, if I say it incorrectly I'll know I'm an idiot. I'm switching to Dom.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    We've had a can of red salmon since around 2004. It has survived five moves, and is about to have its sixth. It's become a bit of a lucky charm and we can't bring ourselves to throw it out.

Maybe we should eat it...

And I'm another one who just can't bring myself to say "Moet" anymore. If I say it correctly everyone will think I'm an idiot, if I say it incorrectly I'll know I'm an idiot. I'm switching to Dom.
    Dont forget to pronounce the G in Dom Perignon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Oh I thought you tapped the top of fizzy cans to stop the spray. I always through habit tap the top
    This is a myth. Saw it debunked on one of those science shows. Tapping does nothing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (09-09-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I don't know if this has been done but when traffic lights change from green to red it takes 3 sec for the other way to change to green

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    I always it found super scary/dangerous (unless it was 6am and completely empty) mainly because people never indicated properly on it, and it was quite stop/start and some lanes would get backed up quickly on the roundabout depending on the traffic on Moggil Road.
    I find there is one entrance where the visibility isn't great, but the ongoing traffic is moving very fast.

I sometimes struggle with the Toowong roundabout as well, particularly in heavy traffic.

But I grew up and learnt to drive in a town with no roundabouts, so it took me a long time to come to terms with them. I feel like such a hick saying that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    This is a myth. Saw it debunked on one of those science shows. Tapping does nothing.
    Also on Scrubs when JD finds the can of soft drink and it explodes everywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    Yet I still can't seem to help myself

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FindMyLunch View Post
    Dont forget to pronounce the G in Dom Perignon
    Or just say 'don Paris nong' like Sharon on kath and Kim

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (10-09-2012),Guest654  (09-09-2012),MrJones&Me  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Stuff you thought everyone else knew......

i didnt realise the prawns you buy from a shop are cooked-the red ones. i thought thats how they came out of the sea and you could just eat them raw like oysters. same with crabs. but i even bought a heap of red tiger prawns and tried to make a dish and it was awful and know i know it was because i shouldve gotten raw ones but i didnt know.

i found out when i saw a sign saying 'cooked prawns' in a seafood shop and i asked him what a cooked prawn looked like and he showed me a normal one. then i asked to see a raw one. Mind. Blown.

i also didnt realise they were straight. i thought red and curly was how they got around under water. Its the fact the heads/tails.are still attached that threw me.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prawns are straight?????