Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Those with tiled floors

I'm googling but can't find any good pics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have matte textured tiled in a light mottled brown. I love them. I like carpet for areas that can have it, but for kitchens and hallways I like tiles.

I mop them once a week, by then they need it. It looks fine for a few days but the kitchen looks grubby first.

My sister has polished white tiles and I don't like them, you breathe on them and they look grubby.

My advice us get as dark grout as your tiles allow, that way it doesn't show the dirt.

My bub is still crawling but my nieces and nephews went okay. As long as you have some carpeted areas your fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yuck, hate them.
    I once rented a house full of them and it drove me crazy, they are slippery, cold, always look dirty (if light), a pain to clean, it made the place feel sterile and cold - ahhh i hated them so much.

Thanks
    Reviews

Deleted for double post!
    Last edited by Jackinabox; 09-09-2012 at 19:23.

Thanks
    Reviews

We are moving to a house that is fully tiled. How do people get time to vacuum and mop daily or even twice daily? Also what do you find is the best ways to clean them? Are the steam mops any good?

Sorry for hijacking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We have tiles everywhere except for bedrooms and formal lounge. I love it. So much easier to clean spills off of than carpet. I vacuum everyday anyways (child with asthma so I like the house to be as dust free as possible)

I also didnt find the house too cold in winter, only had to put the heater on a few times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With 4 children our floors get grotty so quick!

Our house currently has bare, stained floorboards in the hall, and dark, tile pattern lino in the kitchen/dining and laundry (and bathroom), so children + crumbs + dog + cat = lots of grot!

I vacuum twice a day, I have to, I do the first vacuum after I drop DD off at school, and the second vacuum usually before dinner.

I don't like steam mops, I find after a while, they still leave the floor quite wet, like a sponge mop would, and i've had 3 different ones over the past 2 years, they keep breaking on me! I'm thinking, no matter what flooring we decide to go for, i'll invest in either an Enjo or a Norwex wet and dry mop!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Can't answer all, but I don't like them. As cheap and therefore apparently nasty as it is, I prefer vinyl. It's easier to clean. We have matte tiles, perhaps polished would be easier to clean.

I drop stuff ALL THE TIME on them and therefore I'm always smashing stuff. We do not have a full dinnerset despite owning 3 of them thanks to me smashing things. lol. Grout is also gross. It goes dark so quickly... and despite all the tips in the world you'll never get it looking nice again.

They look dirty in about 5 seconds after cleaning them too - vacuum/sweep or mop, doesn't matter. They always look dirty. I've had hardwood floors too, and they were easier to keep clean than these are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We have tiles and while the grout gets dirty it's nothing that can't be cleaned - I really don't find then that dirty!

I do a big vacuum and mop once a week and then smaller vacuums with a stick vacuum after each meal to get up crumbs!

My sister had wooden floors and hated them! She was forever mopping with one of those enjo wet / dry mops and other friends have wood that has warped where the sun has been on it with open window!

So there are negatives and positives to both!
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 09-09-2012 at 19:46.