+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breathing difficulties

Hi just wondering if anyone else has had this or an idea what I could do to help it. I am finding that whenever I lie down I feel like my airways are squashed and I can't breathe normally. No heavy breathing or wheezing just feel like I'm not getting enough air. I'm fine sitting up but it takes me along time to get to sleep as I try and find a way to get as much air as possible. No idea what it could be but It's very frustrating especially when I have nausea and feel sick sitting up.
    I'm 7 weeks if that matters.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the same except trying to get air i start panicing and start gasping. see your doctor hun but for me they said nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Breathing difficulties

Well I have this but it didn't start til about 25 odd weeks.
    Get to your doctor and have your full blood count done with iron studies (ferritin etc). Only because, yes it's quite normal apparently later in pregnancy (do my OB told me) but also can be a sign of low iron (I have this too). Low iron is very common in early pregnancy too.
    It's very disconcerting but you get used to it. Also lying on left side helps open your airways and then take deep breaths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm going to go see my dr about it next time i'm there. It comes and goes so some days i'm fine and other days i'm struggling. I can get to sleep it just takes awhile. I guess I'll get used to it and see if the dr has any solutions. I just worry that it will effect the baby if I'm not getting enough air. Good to know other people have had this problem though even if there isn't much that can be done about it.