+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: am wrong or are they??...

Maybe edit the original post to make it clearer? I personally would have no problem if my sister gave me a call like that.

I agree with pps that we shouldn't wake a sleeping baby. Unfortunately i had to wake DS up every 2 hours to feed because i had GD, he kept waking up every 2 hours for 4 months until we went to sleep school. He still wakes several time a night, eats very little and a bit behind on rolling/crawling.. but i have no problem with my friends brag about their bubs on fb, i'm happy for them and sometimes ask them for advice.
    Last edited by lovesushi; 09-09-2012 at 00:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Long as bubba is having enough wet nappies, and gaining weight then how much he/she sleeps and/or how many bottles doesnt matter. All babies are different

Thanks
    Reviews
    **double post**
    Last edited by babybubbles; 09-09-2012 at 00:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I agree with PP who have said that was fine. At that age DD was formula fed and slept from 5pm until 6am without waking (a routine she's stuck with and is now 2).

I understand your heart was in the right place, but I would definitely recommend checking your facts first next time, so as not to worry new parents.

Also, I definitely think people should be able to post happy / proud news on Facebook! It's pretty mean spirited to suggest they were bragging and shouldn't do it. I wish we could all just cheer for each other instead of looking at how everyone else's life compares with our own, and making people feel like they can't share stuff that makes them happy. Not cool.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

when in hospital having ds i was also told to wake him regularly for feeds, every 4 hrs as a newborn. funny how we are all given such different info!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    thanks for your reply, i really appreciate and value it (sarcasm noted?) you dont need to be rude btw, you can reply in a nice manner and get what you want to say across WITHOUT offending anyone!
    Could this sentence be anymore hypocritical?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

No right or wrong. My DS would go to sleep late say 10pm but then wouldnt wake till 8-9am we just followed what ever he wanted to do. That was when he was having ebm.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default am wrong or are they??...

I think your getting these responses as your title states am I wrong or are they? No one is wrong. You may be concerned but honestly I don't think anyone here is right or wrong.
    It's wonderful that you are so caring but until your brother or SIL asks for advice I would probably just say yay!! Your baby is sleeping so well.
    Having so much conflicting advice is hard especially for new parents so I would wait until your asked before raising your concerns.
    As you said all babies are different and unless there are failure to thrive issues I would just be happy for your brother and SIL that they are getting some great sleep themselves.
    Your heart is in the right place...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default am wrong or are they??...

Every child is different and I don't think it was right to call and say they were wrong. How would you feel if they called and said what you do is wrong simply because it was different to what they did?
    My child at 3 months was sleeping 12 hours a night with 2 x 2 hour naps. Also was on 5 bottles a day. And this was advice given from a 5 day stay at tresillian.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    You did ask people's opinions OP. The advice to wake them every 4 hours is outdated, unless they are premi or have a health issue. I had a friend that always pushed her parenting opinions on me with asking her advice. Poor advice imo. It really strained the friendship. I would still ring your brother and apologise. If he wasn't offended, great, if he was you can clear the air.
    Last edited by delirium; 09-09-2012 at 09:45. Reason: typos