+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: am wrong or are they??...

I would call and apologise. Katelyn was sleeping through from 6-12 weeks..though not any more little princess wakes every couple of hours and she is 6 months.

Though I've dealt with enough family telling me I'm doing wrong by my babies that it's water off a ducks back these days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default am wrong or are they??...

I think that even the parents would worry but if the baby is sleeping then let it! Who wants to stop that habit! Not me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have to add I think it's perfectly ok for a parent to brag about their children on fb. They are proud!!! I think it's lovely.

My friends are posting that their child is having dry nights etc when mine isn't at all toilet trained after many attempts and the same age. Do I think it's insensitive? Absolutely NOT! Good on bub!!!

It's lovely to see proud parents posting milestones of their bubs. How is that insensitive? I find it rather sad that people take offence.

Their child may be quicker at one thing but perhaps next time yours will tackle that milestone first. Who cares let them be proud

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-09-2012),intruderalert1234  (08-09-2012),lovesushi  (09-09-2012),Theophania  (09-09-2012),TU4  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My ff DD slept thru from about 10pm until 7 at 6-7 weeks. My EBM DS slept thru at about 9 weeks. 12 hours is a bit more than my kids slept but I wouldn't say it's abnormal.

I agree with Booby. Maybe call her and apologise. If she had asked your advice far enough, but it seems she didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post

i called them and told them that he is not meant to go that long without a bottle (advice given to me by my middy and doc) and should be having at least 8 bottles per day
    Uh, you said you called them and basically told them they were wrong. In any case, so what. Let them be happy their bub is awake and possibly happy during the day (or maybe not happy hence the excitement that ge slept through), and sleeps at night. Let them figure it out. They aren't harming their bub.

ETA - If he is FF... at that age only needs 5 bottles a day. Even my BF DS only had 5 feeds a day at that age. His choice not mine. (He only wanted to feed every 4 hours and slept from 7-7 from whatever age it was. And he doubled his birth weight by 3 months)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    Last edited by Turk EnJayDee; 08-09-2012 at 23:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeez I actually think you were a tad out of line calling them and telling them they were doing it wrong

My DS1 slept through from 4 weeks old and went a good 10 hours without bottles but he certainly wasnt underfed! My DS2 slept through from 7 weeks and same again with him, he made up for it during the day.

I think its insane to even contemplate waking a sleeping bub during the night

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

Turk EnJayDee  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    Get off your high horses... OP further explained the situation and she clearly did not patronize them etc.
    You may owe OP an apology

I reckon ppl should not brag about their newborn sleeping patterns on FB anyway. Quite insensitive to all other parents struggling through nights... Plus it's not as if they were responsible for this, just the luck of the draw.
    If someone can't hack another person posting about having a good sleeper bub then I say they need to harden up.

Btw I think OP was out of line calling them up. Even if she didn't mean to criticise, ummm calling and getting them to check if they are doing the right thing is practically criticising. If someone would have called me up like that I would have told them to eff off.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (09-09-2012),intruderalert1234  (08-09-2012),Turk EnJayDee  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My ds at around 2 1/2 started to sleep through to from approx 8pm- 8am. He was having 3hrly feeds, therefore 5 bottles. It's not the number of bottles you look at, it's the amount in total over 24hrs.
    BTW after 4 months he started waking for a feed!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: am wrong or are they??...

Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    Get off your high horses... OP further explained the situation and she clearly did not patronize them etc.
    You may owe OP an apology

I reckon ppl should not brag about their newborn sleeping patterns on FB anyway. Quite insensitive to all other parents struggling through nights... Plus it's not as if they were responsible for this, just the luck of the draw.
    I am the mother of a 2 year old who still wakes 2-3 times a night & woke HOURLY from 16-20 months,

We have not had a stretch longer than 4/5 hours since he was 5 months old.

I do not see why someone should not be happy about their circumstances because others might be offended?

Sent from my T-Hub2 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i said on the phone that i was told by my middy and doc that bubs should not sleep that long without a feed. i didnt say 'ffs give me your child because you are starving him and are horrible parents'
    im not exactly the best at typing what i want to say. so , yes it probably came across really bad in my op. but i have said a number of times that i suggest that he talk to a doc about how long he is allowed to go without a feed when he is sleeping. i never said to my brother that he is soing it wrong. i just meerly wanted him to confirm that its ok tiven that i was told differently. im not jealous of how much his bub sleeps . i get enough sleep. even if i dident its probably because im defending myself on bubhub and not sleeping. i did call him and his words were 'what are you apologising for, you did nothing wrong. its f'd up that we all get different advice' his words exactly.