+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default am wrong or are they??...

I just wanna say all you ladies with or had bubs that slep thro are so so so so lucky lol

And I also follow the rule don't wake a sleeping baby

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Every baby is different. No I don't think they are doing the wrong thing at all and depending on how close you are I am not sure you should have phoned and told her she was doing the wrong thing with her baby.

From 8 weeks old my DS started stretching to 12 hour sleeps at night. DD didn't start doing that until 16 weeks. Both my babies thrived and were always in the 90th percentile.

I also don't see anything wrong with his nap times...

He may not be having 8 bottles a day but he might still be getting what he needs in the 5 he is having. Perhaps he has bigger feeds than a baby having 8 bottles per day.

The fact that he is happily sleeping through the night tells me he is getting all that he needs through the day.

Thanks
    Reviews

If it wasn't thriving the health nurse would pick that up and tell them to feed more.

I think it's meant to be 6 bottles a day of formula. My bubba didn't eat much but stacked on a heap of weight anyway. Each bub is different.

And never wake a sleeping baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

From 6 weeks my DD slept 12 hours at night.

She stopped again at 4 months or so.

All babies are different.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add that I just checked an old formula tin I have and it advises on there that from 2 months a baby should be having 5 bottles a day.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    i will just get one thing straight. i did not call them up to accuse them of doing the wrong thing. i never said they are wrong. i said that he should check with the hcn or doc to see if he should be sleeping that long without a feed. it is my brother btw, i was trying to avoid saying who it was in the op incase someone i know sees it. obviously i was wrong, but that was the advice I was given. i was worried so i wanted to check. im not comparing babies either, i know every baby is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

that just shows how one should not brag nor share too much info on how they raise/feed/educate their kids on FB ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: am wrong or are they??...

Unless my child was sick i would not wake them for a bottle, a healthy baby will wake when hungry

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    i will just get one thing straight. i did not call them up to accuse them of doing the wrong thing. i never said they are wrong. i said that he should check with the hcn or doc to see if he should be sleeping that long without a feed. it is my brother btw, i was trying to avoid saying who it was in the op incase someone i know sees it. obviously i was wrong, but that was the advice I was given. i was worried so i wanted to check. im not comparing babies either, i know every baby is different.
    In your original post it came across like you were very sure of your advice and were sure they were in the "wrong" even asking us all if they were and it definitely didn't come across as though you said to check that it was all ok.

I think for all of us readers what we read was someone (presumably a cousin) had rung a new mum and telling her that her parenting was wrong and it should be done your way. This is unfortunately how I read it and perhaps others.

I am glad you clarified. Because for one thing I am so glad that you have your brother and nephews best interest at heart. That's great. But a little advice is before calling a new parent (discussing it in a passing conversation is different) I would suggest doing a lot of research so you don't make them second guess them selves, being a new parent is hard enough and do many people give such different advice and it can be so overwhelming for new parents and not always in a good way.

I honestly think you have nothing to worry about but I do love that you obviously care very much for you nephew! And sometimes posting on Bubhub is such a small part of the story and isn't received in the right context by the reader.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (08-09-2012),lovesushi  (09-09-2012),Sonja  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

OP, completely understand you were just trying to help ... Isn't it confusing when the midwives and everyone in the hospital tells you one thing and then someone else tells you something else ... I left hospital with instructions to wake the baby every 4 hours through the day and night to feed, THEN I got a lactation consultant to help us and she said to leave the bubba and they would wake when hungry ... She slept 12 hours that night but if I'd listened to the hospital I would have been up several times?! No wonder so many of us get our knickers in a knot!