+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sharing names.

So I have started a list of names for bub and shared this with one of the girls I work with.
    She wasn't impressed!! Her face was disgusted actually...
    Note to self-make up dummy list of names to share in future

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is why i never share names, i just announce it at birth - i don't want any negative reactions to make me think twice about the name.
    When people ask i just say 'You'll find out when the baby is born' or 'We haven't decided yet'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep - this is why we have kept our names secret from everyone! Only our godparents know, as its tradition. Our parents and everyone else will find out once bubs is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sharing names.

Close family and friends know ours, that's it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sharing names.

I'd keep mine secret. But also because I know heaps of people who would steal my names -_- haha. Wouldn't care too much if they didn't like the names - I didn't pick those names for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharing names in trade marks is a very interesting subject because it impacts upon every aspect of trade mark law from registration to litigation and other transactions related to trade marks.,,,,

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just one person's response. Not everyone shares the same taste in names and thank goodness for that otherwise every child would have the same name! Chances are the next person you share your list with will love the names you've chosen.

Most people I've encountered are quite polite when it comes to names they don't personally like. My daughter has a very uncommon name and the worst response I've heard is "Oh, that's unusual". The people who are rude about names just seem to lack an internal censor telling them to be polite.