+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anxiety over parent interaction means your lo's miss out on play dates?

Do you, like me, get anxious over interacting with other parents at your child's school/daycare? Do you feel guilty that your lo's miss out on opportunities to interact with other children because you avoid interaction? OR do you just suck it up, hating every minute, for the good of your child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Anxiety over parent interaction means your lo's miss out on play dates?

Yes i get very anxious. I can't bring myself to take the kids to b'day parties. Even the thought of it sends me into a state of panic.
    I wish i wasn't so screwed up. I feel bad for the kids missing out but i really just can't bring myself to get past those feelings.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anxiety over parent interaction means your lo's miss out on play dates?

Yes! I hate it, I always feel crap and wonder what people are thinking of me.
    I do suck it up but get so nervous and feel ill most people mistake my anxiety for snobby and rude but really its shy and ****ting myself lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by babybumblebee View Post
    Yes! I hate it, I always feel crap and wonder what people are thinking of me.
    I do suck it up but get so nervous and feel ill most people mistake my anxiety for snobby and rude but really its shy and ****ting myself lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Thats what i hate. People always take me the wrong way. I get labelled 'rude' a lot but it's deffinetly not the case. Like you, i'm just shy and absolutely ****ting myself as well..lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I hate the whole school drop off and pick ups. I find it so awkward and I think people must think I'm a rude snobby cow but I'm really just anxious and afraid I will say something stupid!

Its starting to get a little easier now that we are so far into the school year but DS has only been invited to one party that's in a couple weeks so DH and i are going to take him together. Luckily DH is really good in situations like that. Very sociable and just easy going so I will have to see how it goes.

Funnily enough in a work environment (I have worked a little in customer service) I'm great! Maybe I'm only chatty if I'm getting paid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. It is horrible. I try to suck it up and go places but I spend the whole lead up and time there feeling crap. I ended up leaving playgroup after a few minutes a couple of weeks ago because I couldn't handle being there. I had the first panic attack I've had in a long time on the way home and had to pull over until I could drive, freaking out my poor son in the process. Funnily enough, I haven't been back since.. though I'm trying to psych myself up for this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I thought it was just me that felt that way. I take my son to parties but afterwoods wonder if I said anything stupid or accidentally insulted someone.

Thanks
    Reviews

I also thought this was just me. Mothers group was a total fail for me because if my anxiety and hang up. I finds a good play group but I leave every week second guessing myself. DS is only 16 months I hope this will improve by the time he starts school.

Thanks
    Reviews

This makes me sad there was a girl at my mothers group who didn't come back after two sessions and I'm worried in case she finds it really hard and is really shy...

Is there anything the other mums could do to put you at ease?

Thanks
    Reviews

I love having 2 toddlers. They are my escape and my not-get-out-at-pick-up ticket at DS1's school.
    I find it hard to even go to the shops and usually find myself saying its their fault because they're such hard work. Can't wait to have 4 kids! I won't be leaving the house!
    Terrible....
    I know DS would love to have more friends over and the toddlers would just adore playgroup with me...but it's all so overwhelming and exhausting for me.