+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just went back and read some of the replies.....

From what I read, apparently unused land is fine to use by anyone... In which case, I think my neighbors huge big front yard is a waste. I'm going to park my big boat, fourby, and throw a few boxes of garden equipment there..... He's not using it, its just wasted space. So what if its not mine.

SERIOUSLY????????!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (18-09-2012),Ellymoe  (18-09-2012),squirrelex  (09-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ALSO!!!!!!!! Kim - Just VERY IMPORTANTLY I would like to point out, if those kids are playing on your property on their motorbikes, if they hurt themselves, they can technically sue you as the land owner for several things, because as the owner it is your responsibility to keep them off your property.

We have been through all of this with out lawyer because my DP built an actual MX track on our land for friends to come and use, and I made him check with our solicitor, and apparently its a HUGE no no as its personal liability insurance ect ect that is just impossible and if anyone was hurt we could lose everything.

ETA: DP was not impressed when I made him bulldoze half of it and now we just use a bit of it for him and his brother only.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has it all been sorted OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A few years back I lived in a house and my dog used to bark along the fence line as some kids walked to school. I was at school teaching so didn't really know how bad it was. She is a corgi x. Tiny but can bark if necessary! A neighbor placed a legal sounding letter in my mailbox with a lengthy argument about how it disturbed him.
    I couldn't believe that the art of neighborly chats and conversations did not seem to exsist. I went over straight away and apologized and said it must be annoying, that I was terribly sorry and I'll look for a solution straight away. Which I did.
    I also added that I wished he'd just told me face to face, verbally instead of through a letter. He actually agreed. Sometimes I think we can sort these issues out with out sending letters. Or talking legal actions. Most people are very accommodating if they know the problem and how they are offending someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    A few years back I lived in a house and my dog used to bark along the fence line as some kids walked to school. I was at school teaching so didn't really know how bad it was. She is a corgi x. Tiny but can bark if necessary! A neighbor placed a legal sounding letter in my mailbox with a lengthy argument about how it disturbed him.
    I couldn't believe that the art of neighborly chats and conversations did not seem to exsist. I went over straight away and apologized and said it must be annoying, that I was terribly sorry and I'll look for a solution straight away. Which I did.
    I also added that I wished he'd just told me face to face, verbally instead of through a letter. He actually agreed. Sometimes I think we can sort these issues out with out sending letters. Or talking legal actions. Most people are very accommodating if they know the problem and how they are offending someone.
    You obviously didnt read all if the thread. We did try that and no one was home on 2 occasions and no response to the simple note we left either so there wasn't much left to do but write a formal letter