+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have been peeved about the fence and the stuff being left in the yard but not really about the track and stuff. All the suburbs I have grown up in, (and we moved a fair bit,) it was fairly normal to go and play on the block next door. We had BMX tracks and even a treehouse on one. And it wasn't just my family, there was kids from all over the neighborhood. I guess if they were planning on using it as crop or grazing land it may have been different because soil quality would be considered a bit but if there was a building that was going to be built on it then it was all just going to be bulldozed anyway.

Having said that, I grew up in the wonderful day and age where parents took responsibility for their children and didn't go sue the rest of the world for little Johnny breaking his arm or leg when he fell off his bike, monkey bars etc. (what's sad is I am only 26 and the world has changed so much in this respect, but that's another topic altogether )

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-09-2012),elleandsam  (17-09-2012),Gandalf  (18-09-2012),halloweendee  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's safe to assume I know why they didn't ask...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (17-09-2012),Nagari  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can't believe the cheek of some people *vent

I think you have completley done the right thing and I would've done the same. I don't know how anyone can think its ok what these people have done, it is your property, you have paid for it, I wouldn't want anybody storing their crap all over my property either. Or riding dirt bikes and especially not cutting my fence. My parents have 10 acres and people try and ride dirt bikes amd camp right up the back, when my parents go and tell them to get lost, they say oh well it's nowhere near your house and you are not using it for anything. Um hello, it's their damn land not for public use!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow, sounds like a lot of time and money is tied up in lawsuits with your neighbours.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (22-09-2012),AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-09-2012),Nagari  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    wow, sounds like a lot of time and money is tied up in lawsuits with your neighbours.
    And your point is????? We have been unfortunate to have pain in the a*** neighbours is all. And it's 2 neighbours out of god knows how many we have had over the years. Our previous neighbours are actually our best friends

Update to say the neighbours of the block have moved their boat and motorbike, they are yet to move the lawnmower and other rubbish they have left and they haven't yet fixed the fence but they have made a start which is positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah i agree with Renesme. Get someone to remove it. It's your property so I suppose whatever is on it is yours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    That's what i was thinking as well, OP i'm sorry you've had such bad luck with your neighbours but i don't think all the issues would have been 100 % their fault, there is 2 sides to every story

12. The Following User Says Thank You to loumia For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    That's what i was thinking as well, OP i'm sorry you've had such bad luck with your neighbours but i don't think all the issues would have been 100 % their fault, there is 2 sides to every story
    One neighbour utilises our property for his own needs and the other complained about a shed we wanted to build in our backyard for personal use and some privacy which had no impact on him whatsoever so yes we are purely unlucky and no there isn't 2 sides to every story in this case, there is no other story!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HA! I would have taken their property and locked it up somewhere and put up a sign saying "PRIVATE PROPERTY - TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED AND ANY EQUIPMENT FOUND ON OUR PROPERTY WILL BE CEASED"

No but seriously, I would have been rope-able!!!!! I can't believe you guys were so contained!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to let kids play on the vacant lot next to our house till some teens built a cubby and raped a girl there and then some kids dug a cubby in a pile of sand with a water tank on top and it nearly collapsed on them and it was also set on fire by kids and could have burnt our house down. It's all fine to think the kids just wanna play but if your not there all the time who knows what kids are up to and as the OP said it is her responsibility as it is her land not fair but true. OP have your tried the council and the illegal dumping act? Sorry cannot be bothered reading all the posts to see if that has already been tried.