+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Trifle? how do you make yours?

how do you make your trifle? what is in it? do you use sponge cake or french rolette's? do you make jelly squares or do you pour the jelly mix onto the sponge cake so it soaks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've only made one and I used the rolls so it had the jam as well, then added a tin of fruit salad with jelly and let it set through the rolls, then once it was set added the custard on top, soooo good and so many compliments

Thanks
    Reviews

I make truffle every christmas, by make I mean I buy all the ingredients already made and just assemble it at home.

I use Swiss rolls with the jam, red an green jelly, custard, and tinned peaches. layer them one on top of each other, then add whipped cream on top. Takes about 5 minutes to assemble and no cooking required!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yuuuum! I want trifle so bad now!

Sponge cake on the bottom, raspberry or port jelly poured over the top to soak in, layer of custard, tinned peaches and whipped cream and either chocolate flakes or sprinkles on top

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am about to feel stupid by asking this. so do you use the actual whipped cream from the can OR actually whip cream yourself.?

Thanks
    Reviews

Either but it's nicer if you whip your own. I just add a little castor sugar and vanilla essence to mine.

Thanks
    Reviews

I make the sponge cake. Cut it in half and layer with jam. Then cut into squares. I also make the jelly and spoon it into the bowl in pieces when set. I make a custard cream (so like half custard/half cream) and use that for the layering. I also use fresh strawberries, raspberries and blue berries. Layer it all then whipped (hand whipped) cream on top. Leave it overnight and everything is all soaked through. Delicious!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

Cherry18Bloss  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Jam rollette on the bottom, the juice from can peaches poured into so it soaks into the cake. I make custard and pour it in top (I make it thick so it kinda 'sets' and isn't gross and sloppy when it is served iykwim) then cut the sliced peaches up more (maybe 4 pieces per slice) and put them ontop of he custard and kind of sitting half in he custard half in the air. Meanwhile I have another bowl of red jelly in the fridge to semi set, I pour it ontop of the custard (I don't like it to set and then spoon it on I don't think it looks as good) and then all in the fridge. Then I whip cream and decorate usually with flake chocolate and maybe strawberries

Thanks
    Reviews

My mum always tops hers with toasted flaked almonds and they add a delicious toasty crunch to all the soft layers. Yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I make a black forrest trifle. Use chocolate sponge or choc rollettes. Port wine jelly (poured onto sponge). Cherries, chocolate custard (or that instant choc pudding stuff works too). Cream on top and sprinkle flake over the top. Soooooo yummy!!