+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... a viable pregnancy can be achieved whilst someone is having a period IF their cycles are short/irregular, such as may be seen with breastfeeding. Consider the following:

• Woman's cycle is 20 days long, she bleeds for 6 days (days 1 -6).
    • Ovulation occurs 12-16 days before onset of period, in a shorted period of 20 days this would occur at day 5 - 9 of cycle, or whilst she is still bleeding.
    Or
    • Woman's cycle is 26 days long, she bleeds for 5 days (days 1 - 5).
    • Ovulation occurs 12 - 16 days before onset of period, which would be days 10 - 14.
    • Woman has had sex on day 5, sperm are viable 5 days later on the first day of ovulation.
    Sure it wouldn't happen often, but the human body is anything but textbook. The complex interplay of hormones should never be presumed to be straightforward, especially whilst breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnant on your period?

That is what I said - it could happen of the sperm survived a super long time And the woman ovulated early. You cant ovulate and menstruate at the same time though.

This would be even less likely to happen when breastfeeding as prolactin inhibits ovulation so what usually happens is extremely long cycles.

A woman with a 20 day cycle usually has a short luteAl phase (after ovulation and before menstruation ) as opposed to early ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

FYI a very short cycle is usually anovulatory (no ovulation )

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd say you just had a short cycle a 21 day cycle would make you fertile on the 24th with high fertility beginning on the 27th and ovulation on the 29th given sperm can live for 5 days I'd say it's possible

Thanks
    Reviews

My friend had unprotected sex during her period and fell pregnant so it is definitely possible. Drs said she ovulated early and it was the only time she had unprotected sex, it is rare but can definitely happen. I also have two friends who fell pregnant whilst breast feeding despite contraception and depending on the age of the bub breastfeeding doesn't always inhibit ovulation. Congratulations op

Thanks
    Reviews

My friend had unprotected sex during her period and fell pregnant so it is definitely possible. Drs said she ovulated early and it was the only time she had unprotected sex, it is rare but can definitely happen. I also have two friends who fell pregnant whilst breast feeding despite contraception and depending on the age of the bub breastfeeding doesn't always inhibit ovulation. Congratulations op

Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Period and pregnancy

Hi guys I have recently stopped taking the pill and had one normal period on the 30th August for five days.
    I calculated that I ovulate between 11-16th September so my husband and I had intercourse on the 10th.
    On the 15 I had what I thought was implantation cramping (pinching on the lower right and in the middle).
    3 weeks later I still have the cramping and my cervix was low,hard and closed.It was uncomfortable and too tight to have sex.
    3days before my due period I had very light spotting, dark brown discharge which has now turned bright red and resembling a period(im due today)
    All of my preg tests have come back negative but I feel pregnant I have been tired and am urinating every 30min(doesn't hurt) and the blood is only there when I wipe though there seems to be quite a bit.

Sorry to be so graphic and long I hope someone can help, am I pregnant?