+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Realistic weightloss

Hi

I have just over 12 weeks until a wedding and would like to aim for that with some weightloss. Ideally I would like to lose 15 kilos but I understand it will take longer than 12 weeks to lose that much!

I currently weigh 68 kilos and am 8 weeks postpartum.

The only exercise I can really do is walks with the pram and DD. I try for at least one 30 min walk a day, but am aiming to increase this significantly from today onwards, weather permitting.

I have been eating healthily the past fortnight and have noticed a bit of loss, but nothing significant. I think my biggest issue is I'm starving constantly because I am BF'ing.

How much weightloss should I aim for over 12 weeks, and does anyone have any tips to help shuffle these kilos on?

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sure there are plenty more experienced hubbers out there, but FWIW I read that if you are breastfeeding you should aim for no more than 0.5-1 kilo per week. If you lose weight too quickly toxins which are stored in the fat cells are released into your body and may enter the breast milk

Walking and healthy eating are the best things to be doing. And drinking lots of water.

Also, even walking make sure you are wearing good shoes and being careful. Your body still has lots of relaxin which can make injuries easier to sustain.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

AndrewTheEmu  (13-09-2012)

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    great advice happygrl!

hi Cakeish how are you going? Only just saw your thread.

I wouldn't worry about putting a number on it atm (unless you think that will really help?)

But there is no reason why you cant loose 6-12kg in the upcomming 12 weeks.

And walking is the BEST exercise you can do atm aswell so dont be disheartened.

Firstly do you have an iphone? If yes I throughly reccommend downloading "my fitness pal" from the app store. I have had great success with this app (its a calorie counter) Ive lost over 25KG all up, 5 kgs in the last couple of weeks.

Normally they say to stick to 1200 cal a day, but because you are breastfeeding you will need atleast 1700.

You should probably also benifit from a chat with a dietition (you'll only need one visit and theyll put you on the right path)

Aim for about 45min-1hour walking a day. and you could burn between 250-400 cal (depending on your height, weight and assuming you'll be pushing bub in pram+ extra load and engages upper body and core) which means you can then eat 1900-2100 cal a day and still loose 1kg a week.

Stick to wholesome food (fill your trolley with fruit, veg, meat etc) opt for low fat everything (cheese, milk, yogurt, jelly, deserts etc)

Check out facebook aswell, Ive recently discovered a few great diet group pages where people list their weekly diet and shopping lists and its great for inspiration and ideas.

It can be hard when starting out, especially the first week when you feel like you are constantly doing math and searching for how many calories are in a, b, c. But once you get the hang of it and learn whats in each meal you normally eat it gets so much easier I promise.

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would see a dietician. A dietician can help you make a weight loss plan, and can also let you know what is actually a realistic goal weight for you, based on more than just BMI (which can be quite unhelpful to a lot of people). You may want to get to get to 53kg but it may be unrealistic or even unhealthy at this point (esp. after having a baby - that could potentially change your body shape permanently). They will be able to assess your body fat percentage to let you know what a good weight would be, and then explain ways to get to that weight.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheEmu View Post
    great advice happygrl!

hi Cakeish how are you going? Only just saw your thread.

I wouldn't worry about putting a number on it atm (unless you think that will really help?)

But there is no reason why you cant loose 6-12kg in the upcomming 12 weeks.

And walking is the BEST exercise you can do atm aswell so dont be disheartened.

Firstly do you have an iphone? If yes I throughly reccommend downloading "my fitness pal" from the app store. I have had great success with this app (its a calorie counter) Ive lost over 25KG all up, 5 kgs in the last couple of weeks.

Normally they say to stick to 1200 cal a day, but because you are breastfeeding you will need atleast 1700.

You should probably also benifit from a chat with a dietition (you'll only need one visit and theyll put you on the right path)

Aim for about 45min-1hour walking a day. and you could burn between 250-400 cal (depending on your height, weight and assuming you'll be pushing bub in pram+ extra load and engages upper body and core) which means you can then eat 1900-2100 cal a day and still loose 1kg a week.

Stick to wholesome food (fill your trolley with fruit, veg, meat etc) opt for low fat everything (cheese, milk, yogurt, jelly, deserts etc)

Check out facebook aswell, Ive recently discovered a few great diet group pages where people list their weekly diet and shopping lists and its great for inspiration and ideas.

It can be hard when starting out, especially the first week when you feel like you are constantly doing math and searching for how many calories are in a, b, c. But once you get the hang of it and learn whats in each meal you normally eat it gets so much easier I promise.

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help.
    Thanks, it's encouraging to know someone thinks it's possible!

I think you're right about not putting a number on it just yet...but I find I need some way of measuring success week to week otherwise it seems like a hard slog with very little return!

I haven't found any facebook groups but I have found a few 'at home' exercise lists on pinterest that I'm going to try to incorporate in order to tone up a bit.

I've also got a dress that I REALLY want to buy to wear so that's a but of motivation!

I've downloaded that ap, it looks good.

Will think of some questions and let you know.

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure if you're allowed to run this early post partum, but I was just reading an article http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/hea...-1226474133726 and it says that running in the mornings before breakfast is a great way to shed the kilos.