+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Spinoff: preventing bad behaviour

I won't take DS to restaurants with play grounds either ! Or order a kids meal , that's my pet hate as most of the time it's nuggets and chips or fish and chips or something fried and chips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I won't take DS to restaurants with play grounds either ! Or order a kids meal , that's my pet hate as most of the time it's nuggets and chips or fish and chips or something fried and chips!
    Ohhhhh same same!!!!! No kids meals here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Spinoff: preventing bad behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Ohhhhh same same!!!!! No kids meals here!
    After watching friends buy kids meals for years and years, I swore I'd never do it. $10 for soggy oily fries and nuggets ew. But we've found some awesome cafes lately with amazing kids food. Anyway...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post
    After watching friends buy kids meals for years and years, I swore I'd never do it. $10 for soggy oily fries and nuggets ew. But we've found some awesome cafes lately with amazing kids food. Anyway...
    Oh yes. I will admit that in the city some places have started doing much healthier kids meals, awesome! Wish we lived in the city haha.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    We model correct behaviour (as much as we can, we aren't perfect) from the moment they are born. I have always been a huge believer in taking kids out to eat (at places without playgrounds, pet hate but that's another thread)/ grocery shopping / etc from the time they are born so they naturally know what is appropriate. We talk before we go anywhere and we get them to tell us what we expect of them. Definitely don't smack or threaten or put fear into them!
    same here. DD is great in cafes/etc but we eat out maybe twice a week. we also use bribery, and carry colouring books/crayons in case of delays

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We model behaviours we ecpect but having an almost 2 year old it sometimes doent work.
    DS is great when we eat out. We have done so since his birth so he knows what to expect. I also carry books, crayons, and match box cars for when he has had enough.
    We also refuse to buy crappy kids meals. DS usually has an entree or a bowl of vegetables and some of what we are eating.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We started young with the discipline, teaching dd1&dd2 how to respect others/toys etc. we also make sure they have enough rest & food, cos if they are tired & hungry no discipline in the work will make them behave.

Books - I love 123 Magic, I haven't actually read the book but I did an evening class and it was excellent. There's a DVD you can buy too.

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**
    Last edited by Gothel; 08-09-2012 at 16:30.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have taught them to behave in public from an early age by having realistic expectations based on their age, making my expectations clear, demonstrating good behaviour, rewarding good behavior with praise or an actual reward like a sticker, I use warnings and punishing bad behaviour by removing from the situation and taking away a reward eg "well we have to go home now so no play on the playground".
    My pet peeves are people who don't nip bad behaviour in the bud and ignore it so it always escalates or people who just constantly expect and make excuses for playing up like "oh she is only 3, she doesn't know you can't climb on strangers trolleys" bla bla.. yes kids are kids.. sometimes they forget the rules, get over excited, get tired, get bored in grown up situations. It's our job to guide them.. hopefully gently but sometimes I feel that negative consequences are needed.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

*I do not take my son out shopping or to any boring adult errands unless absolutely necessary or unless i have lots of time & plan to use it as a teaching lesson

*Always give him food to eat before we go out

*Avoid going out if he's really tired and/or sick

*No additives, colours, flavours or junk food most of the time (I will allow at parties or on a weekend)

If I do feed my child junk or foods with additives, if I do take him out to a boring errand whilst he's tired or hungry then I do not expect great behaviour out of him.