+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How would you respond if your child...

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    But you've said several times now that slapping someone would be an uncontrolled response from you. So by your own admission if a child in your care spat at you, you would then slap them as you're unable to control your behaviour like a normal adult.

You dont sound like a person who should be caring for children as employment...

And the fact that you can't grasp the ridiculousness of you justifying your inability to control your own violent physical reaction while at the same time condemning a CHILD for being unable to control theirs is phenomenal.
    No i would not slap a child in care for the above, they are not my child.

I am also not.legally allowed to smack a child.who isn't mine full stop,

So yes my reaction would depend on the situation and.my relationship to the child

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How would you respond if your child...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    No i would not slap a child in care for the above, they are not my child.

I am also not.legally allowed to smack a child.who isn't mine full stop,

So yes my reaction would depend on the situation and.my relationship to the child

So then....it actually IS a controlled response if you can control it based on environment and r/s to the child.
    Only uncontrolled around your own children.
    Alrighty then...

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (08-09-2012),Guest1234  (07-09-2012),trishalishous  (08-09-2012),WineTime  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Implying? No. Genuinely concerned that the uncontrolled response you admitted to having was controlled in your work environment.
    Be concerned all you like, i have not nor would i ever smack a child who was not my child.

I have been spat on, bitten & sworn at by children in care & no i did not nor.would i ever smack them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

So then....it actually IS a controlled response if you can control it based on environment and r/s to the child.
    Alrighty then...
    It's only controlled cos it legally has to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just popping this in here for those of you that say smacking your own child is not classed as abuse:

I was taken away from my parents and put into foster care for two months when I was younger because my friends parents reported mine for smacking me.

It happens, it's illegal and most of all unacceptable!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (08-09-2012),MflUicM  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

It SHOULD be illegal, but unfortunately it's not, yet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Alrighty then...
    Guess so, nfi tbh.

As i said i do not have a 5 year old, pretty much 100 percent sure by 5 my child would know it is unacceptable to spit in peoples faces, being that i do not smack him now for it maybe i would not then,

If i spat in someone elses.face (be it adult.or child) and they slapped me one for.it i would say well i deserved it.

I was going of what I know my reaction would definitely be if an adult / teen spat in my face.

And to everyone else if you read my comment you would see that not ONCE did i say my possible reaction would be acceptable.

Thanks
    Reviews

I couldn't be friends with someone who had such a massive difference in parenting methods to myself.

I had to end a really good friendship with someone because the way she patented her kids was WAY too different to mine and it was starting to cause issues within the friendship and also with DDs behavior.

Looking back now I have no regrets! I can see it was the best decision ever.
    Last edited by waterlily; 08-09-2012 at 05:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I couldn't be friends with a person that sets no boundaries for her children. If the child snaps at his mother like that, I'd be scared what he'd do to my child..

And I actually agree with Kirby and would give the child a smack. Not hard but they've embarrassed me in public so I'd like the child to see how it also felt to be embarrassed not to mention that behavior is down right disgusting and needs to stop!!

Thanks
    Reviews

You want your 5 year old to be embarrassed? That's concerning, I really don't get that logic, they hit so you hit back, they bite so you bite back, they embarrass you so you retaliate? Where is the parenting ? And what hope does a five year old have modeling that behavior? I could never be friends with parents that treat their children like that as yes I too would be concerned they would treat my child like that
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 08-09-2012 at 07:48.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout  (08-09-2012),trishalishous  (08-09-2012)