+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How would you respond if your child...

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Give up? Yes. After that reply I think I will.
    I hope you manage to control your reactions better when working in child care.

For the record no i do not smack children.whom.i used to care for, nor would i smack someone elses.child.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 08-09-2012 at 00:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default How would you respond if your child...

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Do you live in australia ?? if so striking someone is against he law it is called assault, the up from that you have assault with intent of causing injury, then GBH and well im sure there is many in between there but yerp striking someone is against the law
    Oh no no no!! You have it wrong. Striking anyone but a child is assault. It's perfectly ok to smack/slap/strike/tap/whatever-it's-called-these-days a child.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Do you live in australia ?? if so striking someone is against he law it is called assault, the up from that you have assault with intent of causing injury, then GBH and well im sure there is many in between there but yerp striking someone is against the law
    And as i said above, if an adult spat in my face chances are they 'd have a very sore face, it would be a reaction from me I would not be thinking of the consequences

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    An adult slapping a child is assault, a child spitting on an adult isn't, an adult spitting on an adult is assault.
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 08-09-2012 at 01:09.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    ... and you're a child abuser.

An adult slapping a child is assault, a child spitting on an adult isn't, an adult spitting on an adult is assault.
    No i am not, i do not have a 5 year old nor have i ever slapped my child,

Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 08-09-2012 at 01:00.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RunawayPrincess View Post
    Oh no no no!! You have it wrong. Striking anyone but a child is assault. It's perfectly ok to smack/slap/strike/tap/whatever-it's-called-these-days a child.

oh ok now im learning so if you strike a child is for there own good but if you strike and adult its assault mmm makes sense

So teach children that if someone is smaller than them you can hit them, gee thats gotta suck for the dwarfs of the world hey.

No thanks i wil stick to ABA therapy thanks

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

If DOCs wont do anything about foster children being slapped in care wtf makes any of you think they will do anything about a mother slapping her own child?

I don't have anything else to add to this thread other than I would drag my child out of that restaurant for any of that behaviour.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    And as i said above, if an adult spat in my face chances are they 'd have a very sore face, it would be a reaction from me I would not be thinking of the consequences

See i think if an adult spat in the face on someone that would be assault also, so you may or may get away with that in a court of law as that may be seen as self defence.
    I however dont think the same could be said for a small child.

Meh each to there own i prefer to get to the root of why children act in a such a way, there is no way i would tolerate spitting ( like i explained above with my massive explination of what i would do ) but i wouldnt slap them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    For the record no i do not smack children.whom.i used to care for, nor would i smack someone elses.child.

But you've said several times now that slapping someone would be an uncontrolled response from you. So by your own admission if a child in your care spat at you, you would then slap them as you're unable to control your behaviour like a normal adult.

You dont sound like a person who should be caring for children as employment...

And the fact that you can't grasp the ridiculousness of you justifying your inability to control your own violent physical reaction while at the same time condemning a CHILD for being unable to control theirs is phenomenal.
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 08-09-2012 at 01:06.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Abi&Beth  (08-09-2012),BlissedOut  (07-09-2012),chameleon  (08-09-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (07-09-2012),Guest1234  (07-09-2012),MflUicM  (08-09-2012),Stiflers Mom  (07-09-2012),trishalishous  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    But you've said several times now that slapping someone would be an uncontrolled response from you. So by your own admission if a child in your care spat at you, you would then slap them as you're unable to control your behaviour like a normal adult.

You dont sound like a person who should be caring for children as employment...

And the fact that you can't grasp the ridiculousness of you justifying your inability to control your own violent physical violence while at the same time condemning a CHILD for being unable to control theirs is phenomenal.
    Yes! This!
    I'd be horrified if someone was caring for my children who admitted to having "an uncontrolled response".

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (08-09-2012),trishalishous  (07-09-2012)