+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default How would you respond if your child...

Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Petrified and I learnt from it.
    That's really sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    1- run backwards and forwards yelling at the top of their voice in a crowded restaurant.

I would grab my child and restrain them with my body, i would warn them once to stop, if they did not i would probably spend the entire time restraining them.

Maybe even send their meal back & make them miss out.

2 - spit in your face and your friends faces.

My face
    Tbh i would most likely slap his face, i would not mean to but spitting generates a VERY powerful reaction in me and the smack would be out before i had even thought about it

My friends face, a smack on the **** and a severe punishment (loosing an item / sent straight to time out)

3 - hit you hard on the head repeatedly.

at 5 i would tell him once not to hit me, i would explain that it hurts and makes me sad.

If he did it again i would smack him back and tell him how do you like it when i hit you on the head?
    Assuming your child is five

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub[/QUOTE]

Are you also acting 5 in your responses?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (07-09-2012),Tainted  (08-09-2012),Wastingtime  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    1- run backwards and forwards yelling at the top of their voice in a crowded restaurant.

I would grab my child and restrain them with my body, i would warn them once to stop, if they did not i would probably spend the entire time restraining them.

Maybe even send their meal back & make them miss out.

2 - spit in your face and your friends faces.

My face
    Tbh i would most likely slap his face, i would not mean to but spitting generates a VERY powerful reaction in me and the smack would be out before i had even thought about it

My friends face, a smack on the **** and a severe punishment (loosing an item / sent straight to time out)

3 - hit you hard on the head repeatedly.

at 5 i would tell him once not to hit me, i would explain that it hurts and makes me sad.

If he did it again i would smack him back and tell him how do you like it when i hit you on the head?
    Assuming your child is five
    You'd SLAP your child!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How would you respond if your child...

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Are you also acting 5 in your responses?[/QUOTE]

I do not see the harm in number one, if my child can not keep himself from running around a resteraunt then i will keep him from doing so and deprive him of a treat for failing to have appropriate behaviour

Number 2 I KNOW the smack would be not an appropriate behaviour but i do not think i would even think before i did it, i would likely be very sorry and guilty.at the reaction (not the smack itself but the uncontrolled behaviour of.the smack)

At the moment ds has spat at me and my urge was to whack him one, instead i sat him on his bum and told him we do not spit at people and he had s time out a BUT at 5 a child should know damn well it is wrong to.spit at people

Number 3 as above, hitting people in the head repeatedly is NOT a behaviour a 5 year old raised by me.would think is acceptable.
    It is not a '5 year old behaviour'

My two year old knows.not to do that.

Thanks
    Reviews

So you expect a 5 year old to be in complete and utter control of his behaviour, yet you would slap him as it would be an uncontrolled response? And, hitting people is not 5 nor 2 year old behaviour, but that of an adult?

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (07-09-2012),chameleon  (08-09-2012),FiveInTheBed  (07-09-2012),Guest1234  (07-09-2012),MilkingMaid  (05-09-2013),Nowhere  (07-09-2012),Stiflers Mom  (07-09-2012),TinyLittleTootsies  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    So you expect a 5 year old to be in complete and utter control of his behaviour, yet you would slap him as it would be an uncontrolled response? And, hitting people is not 5 nor 2 year old behaviour, but that of an adult?
    I would expect my 5 year old to be able to control their behaviour in unprovoked circumstances yes,
    If a child spat in.his face and he hit them then i would expect tge same reaction i would give him (an apology and acknowledgement that while i did not like his behaviour mine was unacceptable also)

The running in a resteraunt thing is completely different.

as.for smacking well when the law tells me i may not smack my child then i won't, until then idgaf what some random on the internet thinks.

As i said above i would know my reaction was unacceptable for the spitting thing but its likely it would just happen, i would also likely apologise to my child for the reaction and explain, why i had done it.

Give up already, if you do not like what i have to say go use the block button

Thanks
    Reviews

I would expect my 5 year old to be able to control their behaviour in unprovoked circumstances yes,
    If a child spat in.his face and he hit them then i would expect tge same reaction i would give him (an apology and acknowledgement that while i did not like his behaviour mine was unacceptable also)

as.for smacking well when the law tells me i may not smack my child then i won't, until then idgaf what some random on the internet thinks.

As i said above i would know my reaction was unacceptable for the spitting thing but its likely it would just happen, i would also likely apologise to my child for the reaction and explain, why i had done it.

Give up? Yes. After that reply I think I will.
    I hope you manage to control your reactions better when working in child care.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    You'd SLAP your child!?
    I believe the op asked what a person would do, i do not know what i would do.

My two year old gets sat down and a time out as well as an explanation as to why it is wrong.

as i said i *know* the reaction would be 'wrong' and unacceptable but i would also likely slap an.adult if they spat in my face

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slapping a child isn't smacking. It's assault and you could be charged for it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (07-09-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Do you live in australia ?? if so striking someone is against he law it is called assault, the up from that you have assault with intent of causing injury, then GBH and well im sure there is many in between there but yerp striking someone is against the law