+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Grommets, tonsil and adenoid surgery for 2 year old... any advice?

BabyG4 thanks I'll do a google for the plugs. How do you know when they fall out, or did you have regular appointments to check them?

Izy thats a fair few ops. Glad it worked out in the end tho i bet the fasting would have been hard for your DS. I think it makes it worse cos they don't fully understand what is going on. My DS is a big boy who loves his food. I seriously don't understand how he manages to swallow it though, his airways are so tiny.

Loop no sleep study here. Be a multitude of factors I assume... from what the ENT could see today (they are HUGE, can see they are very prominent and blocking his airway), plus what I told him, the results of the hearing test and because my eldest son had the same problem last year (no grommets though, his hearing is perfect). Keep in touch and let us know how you guys go

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Grommets, tonsil and adenoid surgery for 2 year old... any advice?

Subscribing as Miss 2 (who will then be 3) is booked for tonsilectomy & adenoidectomy and possible grommets in December and I am fairly terrified. I know things will improve so much for DD but it scares me

Me 27 - with DS, 7, DD, 2, and beanie due 1/5/13!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Grommets, tonsil and adenoid surgery for 2 year old... any advice?

We had no sleep study either, but I recorded it on my phone and the ent could hear that he actually stopped breathing the same as your little one.

Forgive any weird substitutions... Silly phone, but I still love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We had 3-6 monthly check ups with the ENT but I could also tell when they had fallen out..
    Best signs for her were- ears weren't weeping when you could tell she had an ear infection (grommets allow fluid to drain)
    She used to get off balance a bit and fall over and her speech would go a little funny..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My dd had her tonsils and adenoids out 3 weeks ago. She was 2years 1week. She was going to have grommets aswell but they believed the adenoid removal would fix the fluid problem.

She did so well. Was eating jelly beans, biscuits right away. They get a bit upset when they first see you but otherwise they manage incredibly well.

Take clothes that are easy to remove as if they throw up a little or make a mess it's hard to remove their clothes with the drip.

Your lo will be ok. It took dd a good week to be back to normal but much healthier and happy.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks, great idea, think I'll take button up pjs only. I will be staying overnight with him. Im so thankful that it was picked up now while he is still so young. Hopefully I'll see dramatic changes in his speech and (fingers crossed) his behaviour. Anyone notice any improvement in behaviour, or am I dreaming? lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Dramatic improvement in energy, attention, Speech, listening, happiness, eating...

Whole new child