+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Immune issues causing implantation failure

Hello,

I had hysteroscopy surgery yesterday and whilst I was in the waiting room I was reading Dr Beer’s Is your body baby-friendly book. The more I read the more I believe I have an immune issue which is causing my implantation failures. I had an endometrium biopsy done to see if there is any issues (I have endo). I wanted a NK cell biopsy done too but My FS said she doesn’t do that. I would like to be treated as if I do have NK cells as I’m not keen on having more surgery (if it can be avoided).

From what I’ve read the following can help my immune issues:
    • Prednisolone
    • Clexane
    • Baby aspirin

So I have a few questions (sorry if they sound dumb):
    • Are these in tablet form or are they injections?
    • What’s the best dose and when should I start taking them? What I mean is, for some supplements it is recommended to take them for at least 3 months for maximum effect, are these the same?
    • Is there anything else I could take?

I'll be seeing my FS soon and so far she is happy to explore my immune issues. I’ve also heard great things about Dr Gamal Matthias and I’ve booked an appointment for 11th October. For those who have seen him is there any point keeping the appointment if my FS is keen for me to try the above?

Just reading over this I know I sound all over the place (maybe the drugs are still wearing off) but after having 5 implantation failures, the last 2 being DETs, I’m starting to get a bit crazy. It’s been nearly 5 years TTC for us and as you can understand it’s exhausting

Any advice or feedback would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Immune issues causing implantation failure

Hi there!

We have a thread going about Reproductive Immunology. You should pop in over there and see what the ladies think.

Dr Matthias is truly a miracle worker. I've had 4 miscarriages and several failed embryo transfers. After my FS refused much further testing cause he didn't "believe" in it, I did my own research and stumbled across Dr M.

Long story short... I fell pregnant somewhat naturally (clomid cycle). Thanks to him. I'm now 14+6 weeks! I'm on :

Prednisolone (tablet form)
    Clexane (injection)
    Low dose/baby aspirin (tablet form)
    Megafol (tablet)

The tests that Dr M did picked up an immune problem that no other BT I've ever had picked up.

If you truly believe there may be an immune problem... Don't just take your FS word for it. Demand extra testing, and if they refuse then go somewhere else. Might be worth seeing Dr Matthias too.

Hope that answered some of your questions. Feel free to join the other thread I mentioned or PM me :-)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AceofBase,

It sounds like there is more than just 'bad luck' going on there for you. After so many BFN's over 5 long years!! I definately think you should go and see Dr. Matthias and he can work together with your FS. Dr. M isn't an IVF doctor so he'll just look after the immune issues and put together a treatment plan in conjunction with your next IVF cycle.

Dr. M will most likely request some local BT's and a endometrial biopsy but given you have just had a hysteroscopy you may not want that again (as Dr M does a hystercoscopy and endo-boipsy at the same time under general). Sometimes prednisolone & clexane are not enough for some women and they need more aggressive immune treatment such as IVig or intripilids such as myself. I had 3 FET's with pred/clex/asprin and 2 BFN and 1 chem.

I have also heard about many women falling pregant with just pred/clex alone so it depends on how severe your high nk cells are and if you have them just in the blood or both blood and uterus.

Wishing you the very best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning! Hope everyone is well!
    So we had our first EPU yesterday and only got 7 eggs with 2 mature, hoping I make it to ET on Wednesday but resigned to the fact I may not.
    I got back my bloods for NK cell testing which showed:
    Total NK cells CD3-56+ is 15.4% (needs to be below 18%)
    Activated CD69+ Dim NK's cam back at 13.9 and need to be below 12.

My FS is going to treat me with 25mg of Prednisolone, Megafol and Clexane from transfer. I just don't feel all that confident at all that this is going to work for us.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed today....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nat - Thank you for the kind invite to the other thread. I’d love to join in but I don’t have anything to contribute yet, maybe when I see Dr Matthias in a few weeks I’ll have more of an idea what kind of immune problem I have. I’m so happy to hear you are finally pregnant after your long journey, congratulations . I hope Dr M can help me as well, I’m scared that I’m wasting my time, but I’ll soon find out I suppose. Thanks for sharing your story. If I need anything else I will definitely PM you

Helenmac – thank you also for your kind reply. I also feel I’ve had some bad luck, hopefully that will change soon . I have received the forms from Dr M and filled them out straight away, even though I still have 2 weeks until my appointment . Good luck with your TTC journey .

Satelite75 – I hope you had your ET and all is going well, best wishes to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I have had a couple of chemical pregnancys and BFN and a MC and doing another stim cycle at moment. This time I am on clexane, presidonole baby aspirin and high folate. This time am on these from when I started the stims. I was on clexane and baby asprin from transfer for last FET which had chem pregnancy. I havent been tested for it but FS willing to try diff things when I raised it as a possible issue.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AceOfBase,

I recently had a endo biopsy (Procedure similar to a pap smear and done at the clinic I attend, cost about $300, which you do get a medicare rebate for if you have reached your Safety Net. Had slight cramping during and after the procedure, but other then that no major issues and only 1 day off work). FS has been slowly eliminating what she thinks might be the cause of our infertility and decided on the biopsy looking for implantation issues after a chemical pregnancy. Sure enough it came back with high NK cells and so now my FS is putting me on the colarado protocol, starting on the 1st of October. I really think you need to demand your FS look into this. We wonder why such a simple test wasn't carried out first before we went through two unsuccessful cycles and an unsuccessful FET . Hopefully we are on the right track now and we get our BFP this cycle

Hope this info helps.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Midnite – Good luck with your current cycle, hope all the supplements you’re on works wonders this time . I hope you don’t need any further testing, sounds like you’re on the right track with what you’re taking. Glad to hear your FS is willing to try different things. Thanks for your feedback

Iwish – I’m sad but happy to hear you have a diagnosis for your infertility – hope that makes sense, I mean it in a nice way. Basically, I’m sad you have high NK cells but the fact that at least you know what is causing your problems is a good thing. I don’t know much about the Colorado Protocol but I hope it is successful for you . I will ask my FS about it next week at my appointment, can’t hurt right! Thanks for your info, yes it did help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't started IVF yet but have been trying for 2 years without implanting. My ANA has come back high (1:640) so they want to start me on pred/aspirin. I want to look into this more to hopefully avoid multiple IVF failures before getting an answer if this makes sense... especially as it seems otherwise each time you are exposing your immune system to the same stimulus and potentially making it stronger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @b131 plenty of ladies including myself with ur issues or similar come over to the nk cell thread everyone is extremely helpful

11. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

b131  (12-05-2015)