+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: When you get kicked out of a rental..

Getting the emergency accommodation wasn't that hard, getting onto their wait list for housing with them was a different story. With the emergency housing we got put into a motel within an hour and just went back each week to renew for another week until we found a place.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would definatly not stay longer than the time frame they have given you. If your lease is in a month that shoule give you plenty of time to find another place. In brissy you need about two good weeks and youre in your next place. Fingere crossed something comes up cheap for you :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I would definatly not stay longer than the time frame they have given you. If your lease is in a month that shoule give you plenty of time to find another place. In brissy you need about two good weeks and youre in your next place. Fingere crossed something comes up cheap for you :-)
    Ha ha.. you're hilarious or have no concept of reality. Either way you've clearly got no idea how tough it is for a single mother to acquire a rental property in this day and age.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Getting the emergency accommodation wasn't that hard, getting onto their wait list for housing with them was a different story. With the emergency housing we got put into a motel within an hour and just went back each week to renew for another week until we found a place.

So do you wait til you've actually moved out then go into DOH?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Lol 2 weeks to find a new place and move in? That's adventurous. I suppose depends on your budget and how fussy, flexible you are & how much time you have for looking at properties. In my experience it's reasonably optimistic moving in within 2 weeks of finding an appropriate property. Thats if you are approved.

Where are you looking?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    When your lease is up pack clothes microwave and electric fry pan (hope you have a car) put everything in storage and go to department of housing. They will look for a refuge first, if nothing can be found they will put you in a motel for a week (standard room, nothing to cook with at all, at least that's what I had) you have to prove you are looking for rentals daily at the end of they week you go back to DOH once again they will ring for a refuge and if no space you will get another room could be at a different hotel.. It's hard and it's stressful and I really hope you get a house in time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    When your lease is up pack clothes microwave and electric fry pan (hope you have a car) put everything in storage and go to department of housing. They will look for a refuge first, if nothing can be found they will put you in a motel for a week (standard room, nothing to cook with at all, at least that's what I had) you have to prove you ate looking for rentals daily at the end of they week you go back to DOH once again they will ring for a refuge and if no space you will get another room could be at a different hotel.. It's hard and it's stressful and I really hope you get a house in time!
    Well that gives me some hope that some help might actually be available if that's what it comes to.
    I'm already documenting every rental i apply for. I figured it might help if worse comes to worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Anyone that cab go on the lease with you for application?

Forgive any weird substitutions... Silly phone, but I still love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Anyone that cab go on the lease with you for application?
    No, i don't have anyone unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    So do you wait til you've actually moved out then go into DOH?
    Yes sadly the system kinda sucks like that and you have to be technically homeless with no accommodation to go to that same night you walk in. At least that's what they said to me, unfortunately that was exactly the position the boys and I were in, as a pp said they do try to get you into a refuge if they can, they found a place for us in a women's refuge after 2.5ish weeks good luck, I'm sorry your having to go through this, it's such a strain and a heartache not knowing where home is and how things are going to turn themselves around. I wish you all the luck in the world!!!