+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default No heartbeat 6wks 2days

Had scan today, internal done, sac measured ok but no foetal pole or heart beat detected yet. Sonographer said everything looked ok and to go back in 2 weeks.
    Anyone else had this ? I'm stressing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey mumofprincess,
    I had my scan yesturday measuring 6 weeks and 4 days with no heart beat or Foetal pole. I think it's a little early and am going back in 2 weeks as well. I am pretty sure everything is fine and they are just taking there time lol. Don't stress to much hun it won't help, I'm trying to keep my mind on other things like names, what the lil one with look like, how I am going to cope with 3 little ones lol, is it a
    Boy or girl that kind of thing (it's a bit hard but it's better then thinking the worse)
    Everything will be fine, let us know how you going! Xox

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kesa06 For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sometimes all you need in an extra few days and bam there it all is.
    2 weeks is too long to wait though, usually they say go back in 9 days. I'd ask to push the scan forward, your going to have no piece if mind ad drive yourself crazy waiting 2 weeks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to DS i was 6 weeks and 1 day. they told me 2 weeks but i pushed for them to do it again in 1 week. which they did because i told them i would be a wreak if i didn't. I also found telling them i had plans on everyday on the second week helped and i said i was only available for the next 7 days. They then checked at 7 weeks 1 day and his little heart was beating.

Good Luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2lilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: No heartbeat 6wks 2days

Thank you so much everyone. I want DP with me and he goes away next Friday for a bucks weekend so I'll wait...or maybe bring it forward to the Wednesday instead of the Friday

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mummy2lilly View Post
    This happened to DS i was 6 weeks and 1 day. they told me 2 weeks but i pushed for them to do it again in 1 week. which they did because i told them i would be a wreak if i didn't. I also found telling them i had plans on everyday on the second week helped and i said i was only available for the next 7 days. They then checked at 7 weeks 1 day and his little heart was beating.

Good Luck
    That's a good idea, better then waiting the whole two weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kesa06 View Post
    Hey mumofprincess,
    I had my scan yesturday measuring 6 weeks and 4 days with no heart beat or Foetal pole. I think it's a little early and am going back in 2 weeks as well. I am pretty sure everything is fine and they are just taking there time lol. Don't stress to much hun it won't help, I'm trying to keep my mind on other things like names, what the lil one with look like, how I am going to cope with 3 little ones lol, is it a
    Boy or girl that kind of thing (it's a bit hard but it's better then thinking the worse)
    Everything will be fine, let us know how you going! Xox
    Thank you. As horrible as this may sound I'm glad I'm not the only one! My DP said "he's just saving his energy...doesn't want to get too big too fast, might get stretch marks." He's a dag.
    It's just all so nerve wrecking.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lmao at your DP, that's something mine would say as well! It is nerve wrecking but I guess all little ones are different and start developing at different times. Try get your ultrasound pushed forward! Let me know how you go.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kesa06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had a scan at 8weeks due to bleeding, and my ob said even that may be too early to see heartbeat, thankfully it was there because I would have been a mess. Baby is here now so all was good. Dont go back too early as it will cause further stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My understanding the is the HB os related to HCG levels, so if you levels are lower the HB will be later. Ranges for HB are so wide but I think you need at least 2000 to have a chance of seeing the HB, do you know what your levels are? Lots of people don't see the HB till later than 6/7 weeks.

Try and stay positive.