+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Stop trying to justify your neat freakness by saying things like "I don't like to live in filth", "we're never sick" etc etc. You sound just as bad as whoever has been putting your neat house down.
    I was going to say this. You are doing exactly what you are complaining others do to you. I don't live in filth, I would describe my house as clean but not super clean. Maybe top end of middle of the road?

I'm sorry you feel judged for being a neat freak, but yeah.... you are doing what they are doing

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dirt = No
    Untidy = Yep!

I can't STAND clutter though. My house can always be cleaned to spotless in half an hour (as in, every room) or 'presentable' in less. But with both DH and I working full time, travel time to and from and DS being a complete filthmonger sometimes I just have to let things slide.

That reminds me, I need to mop the floors tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    I cannot relax if my house isn't tidy either. Moral of the story, i am never relaxed!
    omg this is me lol I feel anxious when it's not super clean, but with a child still at home and a husband that is messy *coughs* it's never perfect which means I'm always anxious

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (08-09-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: RANT! Clean house?

Yeah I love it! Neat freaks strike back!!!
    I visited someone today for a playdate, i was busting for the loo but when I took dd2 in there, there was poo in the loo, no toilet paper, piles of towels on the floor, there was no way I was touching the soap. Call me judgemental. No way my bathroom looks like that, even if I'm not expecting visitors (and I *was* expected).
    ETA I don't like my house to be messy cos it stresses me out if I have a stack of jobs waiting to be done. I don't mind other peoples houses being messy cos it's not *my* problem. I can't stand dirt though, slimy cloths in the sink, smelly bins, grotty loos, floors that make your socks go black.

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**
    Last edited by Gothel; 07-09-2012 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh dear..

Dont judge me, but secretly I love it as I think you are filthy..

I am probably in the middle.. my house is pretty clean.. but can fall off the wagon.

I have a friend who is ultra messy and she likes to live like that.. I really do not care, and I certainly would never ever say she lives in filth. How rude.

I think you secretly feel in control with your clean house, and this was an excuse to vent how much you look down on those that do not live like you.

I am not jealous of clean houses and I do not look down on messy ones.. for gods sake, I tend to visit my FRIENDS.. and I dont judge my friends!!!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (08-09-2012),beebs  (08-09-2012),bumMum  (08-09-2012),Clementine Grace  (08-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (08-09-2012),NancyBlackett  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A toy room, what a great idea!
    My kids have a toy room, it's also a lounge room, dining room and office. We are paying off our house and brought what we could afford, so it's a plain and simple one lounge three bedroom deal. IF I had a bigger house with ample storage, then I think keeping things clean WOULD NOT BE THAT HARD either.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-09-2012),ChickyBee  (08-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know, it's possible the people who say that to the OP do actually have a filthy house. I think I'd take offence if someone walked into my nice, clean house and said "A messy house is a happy house" and implied that the people in my house aren't happy because my house is nice and neat and clean and tidy. For me, it's not a happy house. It makes me uncomfortable and miserable and upset.

Edit: And yes, will judge the living buggery out of anyones house that has dishes stacked nearly to the ceiling and covered in mould, dog poo all over the floor, dead mice in their childrens beds and dirty nappies lining the entire hallway of their house.
    And yes, I do know someone like this, and if they said such a thing to me, I would be GREATLY offended.
    Last edited by Jennaisme; 08-09-2012 at 11:10.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-09-2012),backgroundnoise  (08-09-2012),missjess86  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think this article is spot on, I can only speak about my life and my friends. But me, my husband and most of our friends are musicians, artists, writers, academics, and most a disorganised and messy. NOT dirty, but disorganised. Heck - I have a cleaner once a week and my house is still messy. 4 crazy boys, 2 artistic parents. It all makes sense now.

The only couple of friends who are really clean and have pristine houses are not creative or academic.

Ps - I am not talking normal tidy - I mean, pristine to the point of faultlessness - even when they have kids.

Not saying this is true in all cases. But I can absolutely see the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    Omg that is the funniest thing I've ever read! Now I know why my DH has a high income, and I'm such a good, 'cool' mum!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    You know, it's possible the people who say that to the OP do actually have a filthy house.
    I think there is a huge difference between messy and filth. What you describe is not normal, most people don't live like that and if they do, DOCs usually become involved.

So I would actually say that most people responding to this thread are the garden variety messy not filthy group.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (08-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I think there is a huge difference between messy and filth. What you describe is not normal, most people don't live like that and if they do, DOCs usually become involved.

So I would actually say that most people responding to this thread are the garden variety messy not filthy group.
    Except the OP didn't specify anyone in this thread was saying it to her. She could have been talking about people like this, and in that case, I think it's kind of harsh that people have been taking the crap out of her for it. *Shrug* It was a vent. The title clearly states "vent". If people are putting down something she takes great pride in, as she says she does, I can't understand why people are being judgy mcjudgypants at her for it, if that makes sense?

Edit: Was wrong. It says Rant. Oops. Lol. Still.
    Last edited by Jennaisme; 08-09-2012 at 11:19.