+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default RANT! Clean house?

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    When keeping your house pristine gets in the way of life then I think it becomes a problem. I had a friend who never had us over because she didnt want their house messy. Yet she would come to mine weekly and quiet happily leave without helping to tidy up.

On the flip side if your a messy person and you don't have people over because of it it's also a problem IMO.
    Eek, I hope your friend isn't me?

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have heard these comments, never directed at me though. I do keep a very clean house. I actually clean my house every morning and then tidy when my kids go down for their day nap and then tidy again when they go to bed. If I let it go it just gets to the point where I spend a whole day doing it. If I keep ontop of it, it does not take as much to keep clean... I know I am a clean freak, I don't care. There is nothing like relaxing in a clean and tidy house watching my show when the kids are in bed... I simply cannot relax when the house is untidy because I know there are things to do...

Don't worry about what others say if you are happy with the way your hosue is kept, that is all that matters... Frankly I don't care if someone is messy but I certainly would not come out and comment on their housekeeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    There's neat and clean, and then there obsessive. Thankfully no one will ever call me obsessive.

I had a family member who's house was so obsessively cleaned we used to joke about their home being as clean and sterile as a display home. I hated visiting as I felt like I wasn't clean enough to be welcome. I know they didn't like my kids visiting either - and my kids are just normal kids. I clean up after them but it was never good enough. My kids hated visiting too as they felt like they weren't able to relax. I always felt judged when they visited as my house can get quite messy but is fairly clean (kicks stray 'something' under fridge).

Maybe the people who are making comment are also feeling very uncomfortable in your house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the end of the day, just keep your house the way you want it. Who cares what other people say.

I usually keep a pretty clean house, but it still looks lived in. I have a friend who has two little kids and that house is so clean and pristine i always feel uncomfortable, like I'm going to put a thumbprint on the couch or something. Each to their own, i feel more comfortable in a "lived in" house than a super clean one, but thats just me and i would never say anything.

Thanks
    Reviews

Op when I hear stuff like that I just think that maybe they are just making excuses for being lazy? I wouldn't take offense to those sorts of comments at all, I actually feel a little sorry for them.

I walked into someone house the other day and just about vomited, you couldn't see the floor, benches etc, it stunk, dirty dishes everywhere piled up for what looks like months. She said she just buys new cutlery and laughed and said at least she spends time with her family. There was also a dead rat covered in cockroaches in the middle of the sticky kitchen. Umm BARF!!

There's a difference between absolute filth/laziness, and a little mess. I'm sure every house can get a little messy every now and again, it's when it turns into a tip and then they try and say all the excuses you listed.

But then hey they are the ones living in it haha!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayPrincess View Post
    Eek, I hope your friend isn't me?
    were still friends yes?

Nah this was a chick I knew ages ago, when I lived in another town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My house is always clean but never tidy. I couldn't care less about anyone else's house unless it is dirty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post

I had a family member who's house was so obsessively cleaned we used to joke about their home being as clean and sterile as a display home. I hated visiting as I felt like I wasn't clean enough to be welcome. I know they didn't like my kids visiting either - and my kids are just normal kids.
    This is what my friends house is like. As soon as your finish your coffee, the cup has to go straight into the dishwasher. It's rare for there to even be so much as a glass or sippy cup in the sink or dish drainer. It feels sometimes like robot's live there! I find it really hard to relax.

A RAT IN THE KITCHEN??????!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    no one has ever said that stuff to my face, so i dont really care what they think and why should i? My mum knows im a tidy/organised person and sometimes makes fun of me about it. That's about it.
    If im happy and my family are then who gives a crap about the other stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I too can't relax if my house is not clean and tidy. I wake up 30min before everyone else and go to bed 30min after the girls do. And I cook/clean when the girls are napping. My dd1 helps with the cleaning. As a pp mentioned - she is great at assisting with hanging up the clothes, putting away toys and now scoots around picking up stuff when i vacuum.

Rules are- you use, you put it away. Whilst my 2yo understands, my DH doesn't.

To keep our marriage going- DH does all non feed night wakes and I do all housework.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast