+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teething Gel

I think DD is teething, we've had a few unsettled days this week and this morning she was fussy with breakfast and keeps running her tongue over her lower gums.
    What is the best way to apply teething gel? We are using the WCH blend and she is refusing to let my fingers in her mouth, I had to force two fingers in and hold her mouth open to apply the gel
    Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Teething Gel

There are teething dummies that you can use. I'm pretty sure they even tell you how to apply it to the dummy.

I use dd2's dummy. But dd2 has a gumdrop dummy so it has a hollow end that I put my finger in to rub on her gums. She hates fingers in the mouth too but this way allowed me to get the affected areas a bit better. But since gumdrop dummies are hard to get I do suggest the teething dummy instead.

I know eeek at putting stuff on the dummy.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks that would be great but she won't take a dummy anymore... first time I've regretted kicking it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:

Not conventional but maybe put some on a teething rusk. That way you're little one will be naturally chewing on sore area as well as apply teething gel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Teething Gel

I use a frozen face washer with the gel on it and ds chews away and gets the gel where it needs to go. You could use anything that your lo will chew on

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teething Gel

Are you talking about the wch Adelaide teething gel which is a anaesthetic??
    I just put some on my finger and run it over the section of gum.
    Have you tried it on yourself? It's pretty instantaneous.
    Just shove your finger in quickly.
    Otherwise use an ear bud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    I use a frozen face washer with the gel on it and ds chews away and gets the gel where it needs to go. You could use anything that your lo will chew on
    Actually I have thought about doing frozen face washers but I get confused as to how to arrange the washer in the freezer. Scrunched up, twisted up, flat, folded etc.. how do you do it? When you put the gel on when do you do it? Before or after freezing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah moongazer I'm talking about the anaesthetic gel... I tried it myself and its pretty good. I guess I'm just worried about numbing her entire mouth! She loves rusks, I might give that a go next time... do I put it on the end or further down where it would sit on her gum?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teething Gel

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Actually I have thought about doing frozen face washers but I get confused as to how to arrange the washer in the freezer. Scrunched up, twisted up, flat, folded etc.. how do you do it? When you put the gel on when do you do it? Before or after freezing?

I cut them into quarters, wet them (just damp) and then put the gel on. I stick each quarter into a mini snap lock bag in the freezer. I think I fold the bigger ones in half.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    I cut them into quarters, wet them (just damp) and then put the gel on. I stick each quarter into a mini snap lock bag in the freezer. I think I fold the bigger ones in half.
    oooh right. I tried it once but dd2 looked so awkward with it. Cutting them might just be the way to go. I also assumed teething gel wouldn't freeze. I will have to give that a go too.