+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Birth preparation - er, 'maintenance'

I have my 40wk appointment tomorrow and I am aware my ob/midwife (not sure who I'm seeing) will no doubt be poking around down there.

This is an odd question... But do you shave (or wax) for this occasion?? I know they probably couldn't give a hoot but I'm at that awkward stage where I am neither smooth nor hairy! Just a whole lotta prickles down there that I'm self conscious about and I don't want them to stab their fingers in their escapades with my nether regions.

Yet, at the same time - I don't want them thinking I'm shaving just for them and their viewing pleasure as that is likewise a little creepy on my behalf lol.

What did you do?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Birth preparation - er, 'maintenance'

LOL subbing Ive often wondered this

Sent from my GT-N7000 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Trimmed with clippers, for me as I prefer it when I'm bleeding post baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I got waxed regularly through pregnancy and got a Brazilian at 37 weeks so that I would be prepared. When I went into labour I did a quick tidy up with tweezers but it was still all neat and hair free. I know people say that once you are in labour you don't care, and dr/nurse/midwife have seen it all but I was more comfortable being tidy down there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

That said, it's probably better to avoid shaving or waxing within 48 hours of birth because the follicles will be more exposed to bacteria that way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha! I love the way you've worded your post. I didn't have any poking around down there at my 40wk appointment. Tried tidying a few days later but couldn't do much as it was a bit hard to see down there, as I'm sure you know! And then when I rocked up at hospital 9cm dilated I wasn't giving a second thought to how tidy I was down there. Sorry that probably didn't help to much!

Thanks
    Reviews

I went to my middy appt yesterday and I knew they would offer a stretch and sweep and sweep. I didn't know if I would do it or not so I shaved just in case. Its not easy to see around my belly though lol. But I'd rather be tidy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I say it's best to get waxed before birthing for two reasons, one, it's easier to stay clean with your post partum bleeding, two, if you end up needing a c-section they will shave you and then the hair will grow back under your dressing and hurt like hell when you get the dressing removed.

It hurts more when pregnant due to increased blood flow to the area - fun, fun.

My step-sister is a middy and says as long as you're clean she's happy, she's had some matted, dreadlocked, smelly messes to deal with in her career and would prefer not to deal with that. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Well I 'tidied up' tonight in prep but potentially made more of a mockery down there as I'm sure I missed parts and have a few loose strands here and there as vision over my bulge is somewhat limited!

It gives it character? Haha

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

mummy and bubbles  (07-09-2012),~Marigold~  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Check with a mirror lol that's what I had to do!!