+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you have to encourage your labour??

Just wondering if you had to 'encourage' your labour to continue??

Did you have to do anything as in walking, bouncing on fit ball etc etc??

Pretty sure I'm in pre labour and I really really don't feel like walking or doing anything strenuous as I have sore hips/back/ everything really...

Just wondering if labour will progress if I don't... I know it will obviously end at some stage, but am I shooting myself in the foot by not doing extra??

Thanks
    Reviews

I ended up being overdue... And I tried EVERYTHING to getting started.... Nothing worked for me and I went in for an induction at nearly 42 weeks... The induction even took 3 days before there was any action :s

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Doing something won't change anything during prelabor I've found it just causes more pain and heartache when it all fizzles out for me I just tend to try to ignore it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, with DS2. Woke up with mild contractions, they were irregular but painful, when I was active they would come every 2-3 minutes but when I sat back down and relaxed they became irregular again and less intense(8-10mins apart), I knew from DS1 how much walking helped so I went for a walk, 20mins of walking and my waters started leaking, contractions sped up, came home showered and went to hospital and he was born 20minutes later.

Walking is also what brought on labour with DS1, though I wasn't already in active labour, the contractions started while I was walking. I always try to stay as mobile and active as possible during labour as your meant to progress much quicker.