Closed Thread
Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't lose hope yet MrsErinR, your urine might not have been as concentrated today or the dye not as strong on today's test. The repeat blood tests are definitely a much better indicator for the health of your pregnancy than the HPTs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies, I'm so grateful for your support and positive vibes. Unfortunately I have done another hpt tonight with pretty concentrated pee and there is hardly a second line now. So, I really think this is it for us. I've had a good cry tonight and DH and I have been discussing what to do next.

I rang the nurse today to tell her that I thought this was what was going to happen and to ask when we could cycle again. She said that she thinks the doctor will make me wait a month so it looks like 2014 for us. I don't have much more energy in me for continuing to cycle with my own eggs now. We may use our other frostie and perhaps one more stim before we move to donor eggs. I feel at ease with with the donor idea now as I know I can get pregnant, but I want us to have our family rather than waste more time of our lives on eggs that just aren't going to get us there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry it hasn't worked out for you this month MrsErinR. It is such a cruel process and you must be heartbroken
    I truly hope that your next round in 2014 will work out for you, but I certainly understand your decision to move to donor eggs if it doesn't happen shortly. I think this process does start to take an emotional (and with IVF a physical) toll on us and our partners and we just get tired. But with one more frosty and a possible further stim cycle there is still hope for 2014 and I have everything crossed that you will still have your miracle baby in the end. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you enormous hugs mrserinr. Your strength to carry on is inspiring. When your time comes you deserve the most beautiful (well behaved) gorgeous bundle of joy. He/she is waiting for you.....but unfortunately is obviously bloomin' stubborn!

Is there some reason that donor eggs might be more successful? Or is it just the next step to try?

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Nat, you, RoRo and I have been on this thread a long time. We could do with catching a break sometime soon!

My eggs are now 41 and they and I are not getting any younger. I want us to have our family before I get much older. Having had 2 miscarriages now I could just see myself spending another year on IVF and just having more miscarriages to show for it, rather than a bub.

I really feel our chances would be so much better with younger eggs and I'd be both reducing the chance of genetic problems and maybe allowing bub number 1 to even have a sibling who is genetically related. Chances of having 2 from my eggs now at my age....pretty low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How you going today mrserinr? Hope you're ok.

Your thinking on donor eggs makes a lot of sense. We had decided pre-ivf that we wouldn't go that path if it came to it. Not that we were anti it at all, it was just where our line was. So I'm interested to hear about it as we didn't look into it. We are so fortunate for science to open up possibilities!

Ro ro....any idea how you're going yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat, I'm doing ok thanks. Mostly I'm just tired because I didn't get too much sleep after feeling a bit upset last night and over thinking it all a bit then having to bet up early for blood test.

Anyway, had beta today and it was inconclusive....44. They said that is certainly lower than they'd like. I need to go back for another test on Friday. It's higher than I was expecting but my gut still tells me it's on the way down rather than up.

As for donor eggs, I totally respect your decision. It's not for everybody. Luckily DH and I are in agreement that we would go that way if it was the difference between having a family or not.

How are things going with you and DH now? And your bubs, how are they going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naaaw...been thinking about you and I can imagine you're feeling thoroughly worn out with the process by now. More waiting until friday by the sounds. I really hope there's improvement by then. You never know!

We're going well. DH and I are going much better and we continue to work at creating the very best family we can. The girls are great. I cannot believe how lucky we are. I never never never take it for granted!! They are 4 1/2 months now, which is a lovely age so we are soaking it all up as we aren't having more children and each age only happens once....despite having two!

I keep sending the most positive thoughts to all of you on here. How is everyone going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never have believed this would happen, but my hcg has gone from 44 to 143 in 2 days. The nurse said we are back on track with that increase, but I'm still pretty nervous and don't want to get too excited. Next BT is in a week.

Sorry for taking you all on my emotional roller coaster this week. I was 200% sure it was over on tue night.

Nat, I'm really happy to hear things are going better for you. RoRo, thanks for plaiting your hair. :-)

How is everyone else going?

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats!! Best possible news at this stage! Keep positive and let's hope your little trooper keeps on fighting. Thrilled to bits for you