Closed Thread
Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been thinking of you RoRo and hope you are okay after the D&C....well, as okay as it's possible to be . I hope you find some answers and I don't think your feelings are heartless at all, perfectly understandable. The genetic testing sounds like a positive step you can take. Even if you find nothing, it is another thing off the list and might reassure you that a successful pregnancy is definitely possible. Please keep us updated. EmmaJane - no sorry I didn't have any stabbing pains, but then I had basically no symptoms at all throughout, so I may not be a good indicator of pregnancy symptoms. I hope it means good news for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks NAT. I am indeed as well as it's possible to be. The D&C was very smooth, not even any nausea from the anaesthetic, the nurses were lovely (sadly, they remembered me from last time) and I had a very self indulgent afternoon on the couch afterwards. DH made me dinner and generally made me feel loved.

Thank you again to all the ladies in this forum. Your support means so much to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RoRo, I'm glad it went as well as could be expected, and I hope you get some answers from testing. Do you have to wait long to hear results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    RoRo - I hope you are recovering well from your d&c and taking care of yourself! I decided to read trough this thread from the very beginning to see everybody's journeys and I truly hope you get your sticky soon. xx

In answer to your question I have never done any temp testing but might look at doing it in the future as it seems a useful tool.

Unfortunately AF arrived today and it hit me harder than I expected as deep down I was really hoping to get pregnant straight away after my miscarriage. I had put all my energy into trying to get pregnant again instead of thinking about the pregnancy I just lost. Anyway, my partner is away until early August so I will have a forced sabbatical from ttc for this next cycle, which is probably a good thing I think. In the meantime I am going to start taking coQ10 since their seems to be some research suggesting it might help with egg quality - has anyone else used it, and if so, how much did you take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad you pulled up okay physically from your D&C, Roro. On the one hand, it can be a relief to feel that you can draw a line under what happened and move on. But on the other hand, it is also desperately sad to have the certainty that you're no longer pregnant and that it's over for this time. I hope you're being kind to yourself and your DH continues providing you with love and care.

Sorry to hear that AF arrived and hit you for a six, EmmaJane. After my M/C I started going to a fertility naturopath. She had me on all kinds of supplements:
    InNatal (pre-natal multi) – 1 after brekkie, 1 after dinner
    Antiox-excel (an antioxidant) - 1 after brekkie, 1 after dinner
    coQ10 - 1 after brekkie, 1 after dinner
    EPA DHA (fish oil) - 1 after brekkie, 1 after dinner
    Mag/cal - 2 after dinner
    Folic acid - 1 a day
    Ovarianne (for uterine lining) - 1 after brekkie, 1 after dinner
    Vitex (chaste tree) - 1 after brekkie, from O add 1 after dinner

How much was individual to me and how much would apply to anyone TTC I don’t know. But I really think that from this whole list, the antioxidant and the coQ10 were most important in maximising my egg quality in the lead-up to O. It didn’t get me pregnant again straight away, but I went from a blighted ovum in my first pregnancy to a healthy fetus (with excellent NTS results far better than average for someone my age) second time around, and I can’t help but feel that they were at least partly responsible for the improvement.

I would have loved to get DH to take an anti-oxidant as well for maximising his sperm quality, but he’s a sceptic. Regardless of whether the supplements really made a difference or were just a placebo, they helped me to feel like I was taking positive steps and doing something meaningful to improve our odds of conceiving. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the info Gentoo, that helps a lot, I might talk to my partner about going to see a naturopath. Luckily he's pretty open to taking supplements himself so that shouldn't be a problem - he'll be more worried about the cost you are exactly right when you say that at least trying to do something to improve the chances of conception makes you feel better, I think it will give me some feelings of control in a situation that I have very little control over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS put me on a regime for egg quality. It is CoQ10 (600mg), fish oil (1500mg), vitamin D (1000iu) and melatonin (4mg, you need a script for this).

If you live in Melbourne, Slades pharmacy sells this, (other than melatonin) as an 'egg quality pack' and it's a bit cheaper.

I was supposed to start taking it a month before IVF egg pickup, so I guess thats a month before ovulation for non-ivf's.

I also take Elevit and DH takes Menevit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that MrsErinR, I was going to start with 300mg of CoQ10 but might up it to 600mg and see how I go

Thanks
    Reviews
    EmmaJane - Sorry to read that this was not your month. I love your attitude to being proactive and looking at what you can do to improve your chances. It sounds as though others have excellent advice on this. I only did a pregnancy multivitamin and hubby took menevit, but we don't have access to natural therapies etc where we live so I was a little limited in what we could access. I'd certainly have given anything a go! Good luck with it!! RoRo - Look after yourself....great to read that DH is being a complete winner pampering you. Aren't we glad we picked good guys when times are difficult. I hope you get answers soon and feel positive to continue your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EmmaJane, when I conceived the last time I was taking CoQ10, as well as Vitex, EPO, baby aspirin and chinese herbs prescribed by my acupuncturist. And pineapple core for the five days after ovulation - all in the aid of healthy eggs and lining. And as far as it went, it did seem to work, so good luck with the next cycle!

Erin and everyone, thank you for your kind thoughts. I will apparently get the test results back in a couple of weeks; I hope that they find a one-off issue which means any future pregnancies might be okay.

I have an awful admission to make: since the m/c I can feel my mind coming back to full speed. While I was pregnant I didn't really notice it, but I was pretty stupid - DH noticed and mentioned it, and my work suffered as I have to be on the ball all the time in the office. Yesterday and today I have been feeling more alert and I've been able to finish tasks I really struggled with a month ago. Next time I fall pg I will see if there's someone who can help me at work, so my team don't suffer again, poor boys.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RoRo For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (19-07-2013)