Closed Thread
Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yesterday was meant to be CD1 - if my cycles have returned to normal after m/c. I know that's probably unlikely, or at the very least I was hoping they would, as I would be able to get back on the ttc train ASAP, instead of having to figure out when I o etc (I had just used FF app to guesstimate, and monitored cm as well).....I never have any o pain or spotting. Anyhoo, yesterday has come and gone, only symptom was an incredibly sore back last night. Did HPT with fmu this morning - BFN. Sigh. I don't feel pregnant but thought we may have gotten lucky. Will be stubborn and buy more hpt's! Including digi - fx. Also seeing doc this arvo and will bring it up with him...........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all

Super quick update because I'm at work: had my 8w scan this morning and all is well. Fast heartbeat and measuring 1.4cm crown to rump, so right on target. Phew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Hello all

Super quick update because I'm at work: had my 8w scan this morning and all is well. Fast heartbeat and measuring 1.4cm crown to rump, so right on target. Phew.
    Great news!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, thank you very much for the warm welcomes

Little Duck, no one from my fertility centre (I was getting my cycle tracked when I got pregnant) has given me a specific time to wait but I was advised that they don't encourage getting pregnant before the hcg levels have exited the system as there has been a link between getting pregnant while still having hcg in the system and endometrial cancer later in life. I don't know how strong the link is, but as my blood test showed my hcg had dropped fron 7200 to 27 about 10 days after the miscarriage started I didn't think I had much too worry about if I started trying straight away. I keep seeing conflicting advise so I decided to just give it a go. What have you been told?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told similar except without the cancer part! I had weekly blood tests to measure the drop of my hcg - once it was down to nothing I had my first cycle. But after I told my ob that she said we were fine to try again. Still waiting on my second cycle though! 2 days late now, but I'm not sure if its going back to what it was before m/c or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same here. I wasn't told the cancer part! But I was told we could try again after first AF had come and gone. My AF came 29 days after d&c.

Congrats RoRo. Happy to hear it is tracking well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I don't know how true the link is, I haven't been able to find reference to getting pregnant with hcg in system and endometrial cancer anywhere on the Internet. Anyway, I feel good, bleeding stopped over a week ago so DP and I have started trying again as I would have no idea when I will ovulate after a miscarriage - if at all. I reckon I will leave it in the hands of Mother Nature

Thanks
    Reviews
    For what it's worth, I wasn't told to wait even one AF after m/c to try again; and certainly nothing about a cancer risk! The FS did want my hcg to get down below 5 before doing an IVF or FET cycle but for a normal cycle they were fine with me trying - and this current pregnancy was conceived immediately after a chemical pregnancy, which was conceived two cycles after a miscarriage, which was conceived immediately after a chemical. (It's not been a fun year).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, this post is all about me but.....we have our girls!! On Wednesday 26th June we welcomed Elsie Ann and May Faith into the world. Born at 35 weeks and 1 day they weighed 5 pound 1 ounce each and are each 46cm long. I went for my normal scan and ob apt on the Tuesday and my blood pressure was up a bit. He sent me to the hospital to have obs for the afternoon and wait on some blood tests. My pressure dropped well and it all looked fine but when the bloods came back it was clear I had pre-eclampsia. I hadn't had any symptoms of this. So we spent some time deciding whether to go an induction or a C-section but in the end, with my age, multiple birth, premature and pre-eclampsia it seemed like a risk factor too many and he booked me in for 8am the next morning for a C-section. It's been absolutely fine recovering so far and I'm super pleased with the girls' progress. They are tube fed through a nasal tube into their belly at the moment and I'm also breastfeeding. It's a full on workload to get the tube feeding and the breastfeeding all happening and make the transition to all breast, but they're exceeding all expectations and are little troopers so I think we'll be fine. They're in with me the whole time, no need for humidicribs or anything so I'm very lucky. It looks like another 2 weeks in hospital to come but I don't mind (as anyone wouldn't when you finally get to this time!) so I'll check in again soon. Just wanted to share my happy news with you first as you've been SUCH an important part of my journey to get here. I can't thank you enough for helping me get to where this is reality. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat256, short message because I'm at work and on iPhone... But a BIG congrats to you and DH and I'll message again later when I'm on a computer. Xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (02-07-2013)