Closed Thread
Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nat, that's exciting. Not long now.

Nothing much new from me. We see FS again on Monday and I expect to start on the pill when next AF comes for a long down reg cycle. Unless we get lucky this month that is. Off on holidays in two and a bit weeks which is a nice distraction.

RoRo, how are things with you? I've been thinking of you lately. I hope your scan went well but if not then please let us support you if you need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, just wondering if I could join in? Looking for some more support in our ttc journey.....I'm heading back to my gp this Wednesday to follow up on last bt results - low/no immunity to rubella after MMR shot last August, and slightly abnormal thyroid (I'm thinking due to my colitis but we'll see what doc says ha ha)...had been taking swisse pre pregnancy vits but moved to elevit couple days ago - hoping the crazy amount of folic acid will have a good effect (I've read it can help lower the risk of m/c).....anyway, hi to all, hope you're travelling well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, littleduck! Welcome to the group. I'm sorry to see you had a m/c recently; that's happened to a few of us on this group too. It does seem to be more common among us over-35s. How long have you been trying?

Vivre, thank you for thinking of me. I have been thinking of you too and hoping you are recovering. I'll be thinking of you for your FS appt on Monday. My scan was perfect, so perfect I am now a little scared that I'm too happy: the scan was at 6w5d and we saw a heartbeat! I have another scan booked for Wednesday, at exactly 8w. My FS says everything looks completely normal and average, and the only reason he's booking lots of scans is because of my previous losses.

NAT256, I hope you are having a lovely baby shower and 40th today
    What a great way to celebrate turning 40 - celebrating the imminent arrival of the twins! Do you have much more prep to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome littleduck. It's been a bit quiet on this thread of late for the happy reason that there's been quite a bit of success for the ladies here. There are a few babies nearly due. Sadly, not for me as I had a m/c about 6 weeks ago and I'm back ttc again. How long have you been trying? Are you doing ivf or natural?

RoRo, I think you meant me rather than Vivre :-). Happy to hear that your scan went so well and I hope it continues to go well for your next appointment. How often will your scans be? I'm wondering what my FS will say about that. I'd like to have scans more often next time around.

Nat256, a big Happy Birthday from me. I hope you've had a wonderful day x

Thanks
    Reviews
    RoRo thanks v much....yup sadly m/c is more common amongst our age group, sucks that it doesn't make you any better prepared for it! Had an m/c in October of.......2010 as well - we weren't trying, and I was on Implanon! Still did my head in though. Been actively ttc since end of Jan this year, will probably have to hold off for a month though, after seeing my regular gp and confirming that ill need to get a second MMR shot. Congrats on your pregnancy! Hope you're not too stressed out and are able to enjoy it - good luck with your next scan

MrsErinR thanks as well! I'm glad it's quiet if it means success for others (jealous as I might be haha). So very sorry for your loss - hugs. So far we're natural - although if there's no results after 6 months of ttc we'll ask for some investigating. But it will take us a while to reach that mark - my miscarriage began April 26th (I think - it was never dated) and my first cycle after that was June 2. Plus will have the one month wait as mentioned above. So will probably be August before we're able to really start again, which means no action will be taken until.....February of next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I would also love to join this group!
    As you will see from my sig block I have just had a miscarriage. Tomorrow is my first day back at work after miscarrying naturally and for some reason I am unable to fall asleep, hence the 1am post I am so sorry to see others in the same situation but also heartened by the number of success stories on here DP and I had been trying for 7 months before our BFP, which I actually am quite happy about as I expected it to take longer and I think we were lucky to have it happen in that time frame given my age. Even though I am very sad about losing the pregnancy I am heartened by the fact that we were able to conceive, so I am hoping to jump straight back into it as ttc will help me move on from the loss.

I look forward to hearing about the successful pregnancies of those already pregnant and also sharing in the journeys of those ttc. I have FC for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome EmmaJane and Little Duck!! Great to see a couple of new members joining in. I wish you every success and I know you'll get a lot of support from the members of this thread who are all very understanding and genuinely caring. Thank you for birthday wishes ladies. Yes I had a lovely day and was overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and joy for us at the baby shower and for my birthday. Hubby decided to bake me a cake while I was out at the shower (I don't know where that came from since he's a tradie who is more comfortable building than baking!!) but it was his first ever attempt and I came home to a lovely chocolate mud cake to top off my day. Sweetie!! Now I'm on my first day of not working and am determined to rest, even though I still find it hard to lay around and do nothing. We have another scan and ob appt tomorrow at 35 weeks so we'll see how things are looking then. After a big day yesterday and finishing work last week I feel like I'm ready to just hide away for a while and have a bit of private time before the bubs come. Being in a small town, there is so much buzz over their arrival and, while it's lovely, I'd also like a bit of "us" time before the big event. MrsErinR - I'd push for more scans too if you can. We've had tons because of the twins but I've been so surprised to hear how few there are for single pregnancies as I've spoken to others and I believe that if it sets your mind at ease then you should have the option. If it were me, I'd be willing to pay if need be, as long as I could see the bub more regularly and ensure things were progressing well. RoRo - I'm glad they're keeping a good eye on your little one. Exciting to hear it's progressing well!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJane75 View Post
    Hi Ladies, I would also love to join this group!
    As you will see from my sig block I have just had a miscarriage. Tomorrow is my first day back at work after miscarrying naturally and for some reason I am unable to fall asleep, hence the 1am post I am so sorry to see others in the same situation but also heartened by the number of success stories on here DP and I had been trying for 7 months before our BFP, which I actually am quite happy about as I expected it to take longer and I think we were lucky to have it happen in that time frame given my age. Even though I am very sad about losing the pregnancy I am heartened by the fact that we were able to conceive, so I am hoping to jump straight back into it as ttc will help me move on from the loss.

I look forward to hearing about the successful pregnancies of those already pregnant and also sharing in the journeys of those ttc. I have FC for all of us!

Hi EmmaJane, just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. Hopefully you've recovered well? We're you advised to wait at all before ttc again or not? (Just curious, there seems to be a lot of differing info/opinions out there) Agreed - for all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome, littleduck and EmmaJane75! It does indeed seem like an unfair proportion of we over 35s have been through miscarriages. The good news, though, is that there are also some great stories on here of women who’ve gone on to fall (and stay) pregnant. We’ve had 1 baby born so far, and there a few cooking away and ready to launch in the coming weeks/months! And while you’re waiting for it to finally be your time to be UTD, the ladies on this forum are lovely – it’s a nice place to be able to ask for advice or just to vent.

Roro, I’m so happy to hear that you saw a heartbeat! It such an emotional moment to finally get that reassurance that bubs has made it to that stage. I was the same as you – couldn’t survive on a single early scan (because I was going out of my mind) and ended up asking for another one at 9 weeks. Despite everything looking perfect, I was still a ball of nerves at the 12 week scan. And at the 19 week scan, for that matter. It really does take a while before you can finally calm down and feel comfortable, but it helps to know that once you’ve seen a perfect little heartbeat, the odds are good. I can’t wait to hear how things are going in another week!

I hope you’re getting on okay, MrsErinR – it takes a long while to feel like you’re back tonormal again. How is your natural TTC cycle going? Your trip sounds fantastic –i t’s great to have some time off to de-stress, and I can’t think of many better ways to do that than 3 weeks in Europe. Have you got your trip planned out, or are you going to make it up as you go along? I hope you have a fantastic time – very jealous (and crossing my fingers that Murphy pays off for you!).

You are getting so close, NAT – it must be kind of exciting and scary at the same time. I can only imagine what it’s like carrying two little ones around – you definitely deserve a rest. I agree with you on scans – the more the merrier, particularly if it helps the mum to feel reassured. I know some people opt to only do the absolutely necessary ones, but I really love seeing our little dude any time I can. How is your birthing plan coming along? I imagine it’s a bit flexible, based on what your girls get up in the next few weeks. I hope that when you see them today they’re playing by the rules and looking like they’re going to give you a couple of weeks to rest up before they arrive.

We had a3D/4D scan last night (for some “fun” pics), and it is amazing to see how our little guy has chubba-ed up since the last 3D images at the 19 week scan. He is almost 30w now, and actually looks like a baby rather than an alien. His cheeks are super-chubby (which I hope isn’t a reflection of his head circumference!) and he has a really prominent chin. I wish I was as flexible as he is – he kept waving an arm and a leg in front of his face, but we still managed to get some nice semi-profile pics.

Things are starting to get “real” now – we’ve done an ante-natal class, and last weekend we put together most of the nursery furniture. But despite it all, I still can’t quite get my head around the fact that there’s a little guy in there! I suspect that rather than being one of those women who calmly manages the labour and delivery situation, I’ll instead be one of those women who goes into complete shock when they hand over a crying, squirming bundle. ("Whose baby IS this?!?") I guess time will tell.
    Last edited by Gentoo; 25-06-2013 at 13:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Welcome to you too EmmaJane75, I’m sorry to hear about your recent M/C. I know how you feel, having just gone through one myself not too long ago. It was our first pregnancy too. I hope your first day back at work wasn’t too tough. I can tell you, 6 weeks on that I am feeling much better. It gets easier.

Nat256, thanks for your thoughts on scans. It upset me a bit that we had had a M/C and didn’t even know until 2.5 weeks later. That’s why I feel like I want to have more scans. I know it isn’t going to help in the event that that happens again but if I don’t have scans I’ll be anxious and wondering if my bub is still alive. Sorry if that’s a bit morbid. It’s just how I feel now. I'd be happy to pay too.

Gentoo, last week was BD time! Probably our one chance before resuming IVF as I expect to have to start back on the pill at next AF. Obviously I'm really hoping it succeeds, especially now that I know a natural pregnancy is possible. It's hard not to get your hopes up. If it fails it's frustrating as we have a long wait to start the stims part of IVF again due to clashes with holiday and work commitments. How exciting for you to be having your 3d scan and getting close to being a mum.

Latest from me, we went back to see the FS yesterday and we got the results of our genetic testing after D&C. Our baby was a little boy. Sadly, he had an extra chromosome 9…so Trisomy 9. It has helped me to know that there was a reason that our bub didn't make it and it was nothing to do with my body or anything I did or didn't do. Hopefully there will be a next time and it will go more to plan.

Now we are trying to decide what to do with our next IVF. We are thinking of doing a freeze-all cycle as obviously my body can become pregnant but hasn't succeeded to in 2 IVF cycles so maybe it needs time for my system to get over all the medications?? The downside is that it is even more waiting when I just desperately
    just want to be pregnant again!