Closed Thread
Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks RoRo. You're PUPO! Got all appendages crossed for you!

As for being prepared, hmmm. I think as prepared as you can be. I'm not so concerned about the birth, that will happen however, but bringing a bubby home is still a bit daunting and getting the hang of breast feeding seems like it can take work. Not long til we see our little one now. I still have next mon and tues at work then I can really get nesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hope all is going well, Roro, and you've got one (or two) little cell balls nicely implanted and dividing away. I'll be thinking of you this week!

Wow, I can't believe you're already 37 weeks, Wunsi! I hope you're managing to keep comfortable. Not long now!

How are you travelling, MrsErinR? I hope all is going well.

We had our 19 week scan last Friday. The baby has a healthy looking heart,
    healthy looking kidneys, a healthy looking brain... and an unmistakeable willy. (REALLY unmistakeable).

I'm really glad that bubs is okay, because being the worrier that I am, I'd gotten myself worked up that something could be wrong. But I am also feeling horribly guilty for feeling a little disappointed, too. I really wanted a girl and had managed to convince myself from the 12 week scan photos that it was, so was a little taken aback to discover that we have a little boy. It's stupid, I know - many women would desperately love to be in my position. I'm glad we found out the gender now, so I've got time to kick myself in the butt and get excited about having a little boy. Luckily, DH is really happy about it, so that's helping me to try to make the mental adjustment.

While everything is good with bubs, the scan showed that the placenta is low-lying and the cord insertion is rather close to my cervix. Our next OB appt isn't for 2 1/2 weeks but I've been scaring myself silly by googling, so I'll be phoning tomorrow and asking if we can get in to see him sooner. Unfortunately, I suspect we're going to be told that we have a celibate few months ahead of us!

Enough about me. How is everyone else going? I'm thrilled that we have so many babies baking away at the moment, and hope that there'll soon be a few more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel bad Gentoo, I was the opposite and was a little bit disappointed that we saw girls! Not that either of us are ungrateful I'm sure and it certainly doesn't lessen our joy and thankfulness at having bubs. It's just that I had boys in my head and my hubby is a real fishing, building, practical sort of a bloke so I thought it would be great for him to have boys. However he's thrilled to bits with girls and thought all along it would be, so he's over the moon. I'm getting more and more excited about girls as time goes on, I just have to get my head around it. For me it's probably my own silly insecurities that caused me to wish for boys. My mum wasn't able to be there for me much as a teen etc and then passed away when I was in my 20's so I always have this feeling that I don't know 'girl stuff' like other women do and therefore am more comfortable with boys. Probably completely insane of me, but there it is. Good luck with the ob catch up. Hope you see him/her soon for some good advice. My ob appointments are always on the same day as scan (ob clinic makes scan appointments for me so it's all coordinated) which is nice. Ah patience hey? Always something else to wait on....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, NAT. You are, as ever, a voice of reason and reassurance!

It's good to hear that you had similar feelings. As you say, it's not that you feel ungrateful or regretful - it's more that the discovery challenges your preconceived notions of how it's going to be. Like you, I think it stems from my own upbringing - I had two sisters and one brother (who always had to fit around the three of us), so I'd feel on more familiar territory with raising a girl.

After the scan on Friday, my mum and little sister (who were visiting) took me shopping and bought a bunch of cute little baby clothing, which helped. It seems real now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gentoo. Yes, buying the cute baby gear certainly adds to the excitement. Oh...and I think we're given what we're meant to have so I'm sure I've been sent double girls for a reason!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had transfer today, put 2 back and 2 are being frozen this afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo hoo Twiglets! Go little embies!!! Crossing everything for you and RoRo who are officially PUPO. Enjoy and look after yourself. Exciting times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Twiglets. Everything crossed for you ...and 2 to freeze is great too.

AFM, had my first OB appointment today which was totally fine except now I have a referral for viability scan on Thursday so I am now freaking out and expecting that there will just be an empty sac and no baby. I know this is totally irrational but I can't help it. Getting BFP naturally just still seems to good to be true and I'm waiting to be told that there really is no baby.

Sorry, having a bit of a vent and a big 'me' moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfectly understandable to be scared MrsErinR. We all were!! At least you're getting a scan really early so that will set your mind at ease. I'll never forget seeing those tiny blobs on that very first scan. It's so exciting and still my favourite baby picture (even though they barely looked like anything). Hope time flies for you! AFM....hubby and I are heading to the city to go baby shopping tomorrow!!! Freaking over that but extremely excited too. It will be a day trip up and back (7 hours of driving) but it will be worth it. Buying all the big things (pram, cots, car seats etc) so it is all getting really real now (and really expensive!) MrsErinR....I STILL can't believe my luck either but I'm seeing that anything is possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR I hope your scan shows a perfect little heartbeat (or if it's too early for hb, then a perfect little blob). Will be thinking of you.

Twiglets, welcome to the PUPO With Two club! I am 6dp5dt now and will be testing in a couple of days, on Thursday. I've got the odd twinge/cramp/heartburn here and there but I have learned the hard way that progesterone supplements do that. I have everything crossed - I'm even back to plaiting my hair.