Closed Thread
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Thanks Debstar, I agree that the expectations seem unrealistic. I would definitely go to the second interviews and like you say, keep your options open. Would you be able to go to the interviews after or before work, or do you need to take time out of your job? Because if you are doing late nights and Saturday, I would hope that your employer would give you time out for a few hours. Definitely put yourself and your family first.

AFM, I had a small bit of brown spotting yesterday and cramps at 8dpo. Nothing today though. Could be my body still recovering from the op. Still not testing. Holding out!
    Last edited by LilaJ; 08-02-2013 at 12:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done on the patience LilaJ. I hope you get great news from it.

I agree with LilaJ Debstar. I'd give the other interviews a chance. You're lucky to have some other options in the pipeline.

Also, don't be afraid to have a quiet word to your line manager about comments that make you uncomfortable or about work expectations. It might be good to get the expectations clearly defined for you. If it's just what everyone is in the habit of doing you may not need to do the same and can stick to your 'normal' work hours. Or if you are able to work from home etc it might save you the long days. I always think with this sort of thing, be positive and go into any meeting with an alternative that you're offering. That way it isn't just a 'whinge' and looks a lot better that you've given it good thought.

As for the comments, certainly raise your concerns if you are offended. But if it's just something that seems a bit odd to you, I'd give a very flat, unimpressed reaction when they happen and people will soon see that they aren't your cup of tea. If you're open about other comments that may be positive or funny in an appropriate way then they will soon see the difference and most people tend to alter their way of speaking depending on who they are speaking with and what's appropriate. Well, they should if they're in a leadership position!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, it has just been a rough (and long) few days. To be honest my manager is one of the worst offenders in relation to the comments....I am not a prude but everytime someone opens their mouth it becomes a gay sexual innuendo and it is just smutty and dirty....they wouldn't think it was funny if a hetrosexual person made the joke but because they are gay they feel like they are allowed. I have decided the boss is a d*ck, he just doesn't have realistic expectations and I also feel like there is something funny with the funding of the organisation (it is an NGO)......anyway - just my whinge for the day. I am taking time out to go to the other interviews but fibbed and said they are doctors appointments. I figure if I am still unhappy at the end of next week I can then say'oops, ijust found out I am pregnant and this isn't working out'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow all quiet on this thread at the moment. I still haven't made a decision about what to do with the contract I am in...I am just about to leave to head to a second interview and tomorrow I have another interview in the afternoon and a tentative one lined up for wednesday morning. I have today off work and am thinking about telling them tomorrow that it isn't working out for me. I do have to give two weeks notice but am hoping they say I can go straight away so I can focus on my other interviews and just move forward.

Kazza and Miss Erin how are you? Valentines day is coming up....I really hope this is the month for both of you XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a bit quiet isn't it! I hope your job is going better today.

I have bad news; the BFP I got last month only lasted until 7 weeks. At the scan on Monday at exactly 7 weeks we saw only a sac, no fetal pole or heartbeat. My HCG was still rising but very slowly. The FS was very kind but gave us no hope, as it was just too far behind, and I had a d&c on Friday rather than waiting to miscarry naturally (it could have taken weeks and I just couldn't take that, emotionally). I managed to gain 3kg too, so have thrown myself into exercise now that the physical recovery is nearly complete, in order to tire myself out so that I can sleep. It's been a hard week. But as soon as I get AF we can do our FET cycle, which gives me hope.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Debstar76 View Post
    Wow all quiet on this thread at the moment. I still haven't made a decision about what to do with the contract I am in...I am just about to leave to head to a second interview and tomorrow I have another interview in the afternoon and a tentative one lined up for wednesday morning. I have today off work and am thinking about telling them tomorrow that it isn't working out for me. I do have to give two weeks notice but am hoping they say I can go straight away so I can focus on my other interviews and just move forward.

Kazza and Miss Erin how are you? Valentines day is coming up....I really hope this is the month for both of you XX
    Debstar, good luck with the interviews! I am sure you will be clearer by the end of this week as to which role is right for you.

RoRo, OMG I am so sorry for the loss of your pregnancy. I couldn't begin to imagine what you are going through.

AFM, AF arrived for me today, so we are on to month 10 of TTC. I had my post lap appointment with the FS today also. She suggested we try for a further six months and come back to talk about IVF then if still no luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh RoRo - I'm so so so sorry!! My heart goes out to you. What a terrible shock. I can't even imagine and I don't have the words to express how bad I feel for you. I'm so glad that you have the FET cycle to move into but I'm so sorry that you've had to go through that loss. How long until you can expect AF? Did the FS give you any idea? Look after yourself in the meantime and please know that you're in my thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

xxx roro. So sorry. Hopefully the hcg goes down quickly and will be able to start again soon. I chose to have natural mc and it took a week after losing sac for hcg to completly go. I used frers to check, then ov about 3 days after seeing no line on poas
    Cd 1 starts day of d&c or losing sac in natural. Biggest of hugs. Catch up soon
    Last edited by Kazza78; 11-02-2013 at 17:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RoRo I am really sorry to hear about ur Angel baby. I couldn't sleep or focus on anything after it happened to me so I through myself into junk food, I am glad that u r taking a healthier path. Look after urself and know u r in my thoughts xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Sorry, I've been laying a bit low of late. Congrats on your BFP Debstar.

RoRo, I'm really sorry to hear your news. . I hope you are OK, or that you soon will feel a bit better than you do now. Thinking of you.

AFM, I'm in full-on IVF cycle now. I'm triggering tonight and my pick up is Wednesday morning. My ultrasound this morning showed 25 follicles! Probably explains why I'm feeling pretty damn uncomfortable right now. Like I'm carrying around 2 oranges where my ovaries used to be! I'm hoping that we get a good number of mature eggs.

Hello to everyone else too. to you all.