Closed Thread
Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35's beginning the journey #2

Hi kazza :-)

Not sure yet what caused this, dr google says anything from early menapouse ( really hoping its not that) to follicles not having an egg, to over suppression due to the pill. So will anxiously wait for the fs appointment which is 2 weeks time.

Wow it's mrserin, it's good that they tested for that so early on, but a bummer that you have this issue. Hopefully this is THE cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi LilaJ - you are VERY welcome to join in! It's great to have you along. It sounds as though you've been on a very similar journey to most of us here. My hubby and I were like you, nothing really showed up as a reason for infertility so I think it was just going to take time. Though when we explored IVF I found that my AMH was quite low, only 4.7, so we decided to go ahead and hurry up the process.
    Where are you at with things following the laparoscopy? I was told that the 3 months after a laparoscopy are often quite successful as it seems to give the system a 'clean out'.
    Good luck and we look forward to hearing how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Nat!

I am currently 11 days post op with my lap, so taking things fairly easy! We managed to DTD once since at 14DPO, so you just never know! With the pressure off, it may well have been enough. I have regular 27 day cycles with AF due on 12th Feb.

How amazing that you are expecting twins! Wonderful happy news

Lila
    Last edited by LilaJ; 03-02-2013 at 21:08.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LilaJ For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we can't believe our luck. I'm so scared all the time though because I just can't believe that we could be so fortunate! They're certainly VERY appreciated and the time and the ups and downs of getting here only makes it all the more special. We have another ob visit and scan on Wednesday so I'm in worry mode but once I see that it's real again it will be lovely.

Good luck with this cycle and rest up after the lap. If not this cycle, then keeping everything crossed that you have success with February!

Thinking of everyone else too. Hoping that this week brings you good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone and welcome LilAJ! I had my doctors appointment this morning to confirm my pregnancy and got the hcg result this arvo, it was a respectable 438. Not bad for four weeks 4 days. I will have weekly bloods till my scan at 8 weeks and see my ob from then on, my first appointment is booked for 8+3 days.

Kazza how.r u? Remember Feb is the month on love!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Debstar, Congratulations on your pregnancy! The HCG result sounds great. Wonderful and exciting times

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LilaJ For This Useful Post:

Debstar76  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great result Debstar!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Debstar76  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. It is actually scary finding out at 8dpo and then just sitting and waiting and hoping the worst doesn't happen.......I am 5 weeks and by this stage last time MS was kicking in, in a really big way, I was highly emotional and my boobs were killing me! This time around I am tired and feel faint if I don't eat every 3 hours but am not sick and feel really calm and relaxed.....DH and I are both excited but to be honesty we are both hesitant to get too attached until we go for a scan at 8 weeks and get a heart beat......last time we got so excited so quickly and made a lot of plans for the future and it hurt so bad when it was ripped away. I feel confident about this one, but want confirmation before I allow my emoitions to really 'go there'.

HOw is everyone else travelling? When will you test LilaJ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Debstar! Af is due 12th Feb. Before my lap I would often get Af up to a week early and my cycles were starting to shorten. So every day Af doesn't show leading up to the 12th is a blessing. I don't think I will test this month, just wait to see if Af turns up.

It is great that you are calm and relaxed about your pregnancy, surely a good sign that bubby is meant to be! Hang in there. I am thinking of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are obviously stronger than me LilaJ! I can't help myself and test even when I know it is far too early. Lats month I would have spent around $80 in HPT's!!! It was worth it though - I got my BFP (not that spending money on tests impacted on that outcome though...lol). I wasnt working then either which was pretty dumb.

I started my new contract role this week and although I really like the people there are a few things I don't like. There are unisex bathrooms which I hate. They also seems to be a little unrealistic in their expectations. Work life balance is really important to me and part of the reason why we moved away from sydney. Yesterday I finished work at 9 pm and I have to work on Saturday this week too. I ahve monday off (but DH will be at work) and then they also want me to attend a late meeting on wednesday night next week and have a function they want me to attend on the friday night. I am not afraid to work hard but honestly the money is good but not enough for this and all I care about at the moment is looking after myself and the bub. Yesterday I didn't get a break and their solution is 'lets just order pizza for dinner' which we are expected to eat at our desk while we continue working. If i had known i would have to work late I would have taken dinner with me to work. My new boss is also a pain....he makes comments to the board or others like 'deb is doing really well and she is going to do this and that.....but hang on she has only been her a few days so she may turn out to be crap so we will have to keep an eye on her.'...hahahah. I find it really offensive, he thinks he is being funny. There are a lot of gay men working there too and they keep making very inappropriate comments to each other. I am not a prude but it is unprofessional and disturbing. I have 2 more second interviews lined up for next week - I was going to cancell them when I got this job but now I think I will go anyway and keep my options open. Any advice would be appreciated.